LONDON, May 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Caustic potash, also called potassium hydroxide, is an inorganic alkaline compound with the chemical formula KOH.
It is manufactured industrially by the electrolysis of potassium chloride and water solution. Being a strong alkali, caustic potash is an important ingredient in the manufacturing process of a number of industrial chemicals including potassium chloride, detergents, fertilizers, etc.
Here are some Key Findings of the study:
· Global caustic potash market has grown at a CAGR of 2.7% during 2009-2016.
· As a result of a continuously increasing global population, the demand for caustic potash in agricultural and non-agricultural industries has grown steadily over the past few years.
The report has provided a segmentation of the global caustic potash market on the basis of end-use:
· The biggest consumer of caustic potash is the potassium carbonate manufacturing industry accounting for the bulk of the total global consumption in 2016.
· Potassium carbonate was followed by potassium phosphates, soaps and detergents, liquid fertilizers and agriculture chemicals.
· Other applications of caustic potash include the manufacturing of potassium chemicals (acetates, cyanides, permanganates and citrates), neutralization agents, batteries, etc.
The report has segmented the global caustic potash market on the basis of geography:
· North America represents the biggest producer of caustic potash accounting for the majority of total global production, followed by Asia and Europe.
The report has segmented the global caustic potash market on the basis on the basis of consumption:
· Asia represents the biggest consumer of caustic potash accounting for nearly half of its global consumption in 2016.
· Analyzing the global import and export data, the report has found Suriname as the largest importer of caustic potash. Suriname was followed by Germany, France, Denmark, Argentina, Israel, Canada, Malaysia, Netherlands and Japan.
· Republic of Korea, on the other hand, represented the largest global exporter of caustic potash followed by Jordan, France, United States of America, China, Italy, Germany, Czech Republic, Taipei and Netherlands.
The report has also analyzed the key players that are operating in the global caustic potash market. The companies analyzed in the report include:
· Unid Co
· Occidental Chemical Corporation
· Tessenderlo Chemie NV
· Olin Chlor Alkali Products
· Erco Worldwide (USA) Inc.
· Chengdu Huarong Chemical Company Limited
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-caustic-potash-market-witnesses-growth-of-27-cagr-from-2009-to-2016-300458010.html