NEW YORK, May 19, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- In many products and processes, uncontrolled metal ions grind down the profits by initiating chemical degradation, discoloration, and precipitation, and by bringing down the overall value of the product/process. Chelating agents are chemical compounds added to these products/processes to reduce the deleterious effects of metal ions. They do so by forming stable co-ordinate bonds with metal ions at minimum two sites. Aminopolycarboxylic acid, hydroxycarboxylic acid, and organophosphonates, are the three different classes of chelating agents consumed globally, wherein, the consumption of aminopolycarboxylic acid is the highest. Global market for chelants is quite mature, with demand increasing primarily on account of growth in end use industries. Detergent, pulp & paper, water treatment and textile industries, are the major consumers of chelants across the globe.
According to "Global Chelants Market Forecast & Opportunities, 2020", global market for chelating agents is projected to surpass USD5.4 billion through 2020. EDTA, NTA, 1,3-PDTA are the major types of chelating agents consumed in cleaning compounds, pulp & paper industry and water treatment industry. However, due to environmental & ecological effects of EDTA, NTA & other classical chelating agents, consumers are shifting their focus towards biodegradable chelating agents such as gluconic acid & glucoheptonic acids. Further, the consumption of organophosphonates is expected to witness lower growth over the forecast period, as compared with aminopolycarboxylic acid and hydroxycarboxylic acid. This is due to increasing awareness among consumers regarding environment friendly chelating agents. In terms of regional consumption, Asia-Pacific accounts for the largest share of chelating agents across the globe. "Global Chelants Market Forecast & Opportunities, 2020" discusses the following aspects related to global chelating agents market:
- Global Chelants Market Size, Share & Forecast
- Segmental Analysis - Aminopolycarboxylic, Organophosphonates and Hydroxycarboxylic acid
- Regional Analysis - Asia-Pacific, Europe, the Americas, Middle East & Africa
- Changing Market Trends & Emerging Opportunities
- Competitive Landscape & Strategic Recommendations
Why You Should Buy This Report?
- To gain an in-depth understanding of global chelants market
- To identify the on-going trends and anticipated growth in the next five years
- To help industry consultants, chelants manufacturers and other stakeholders to align their market-centric strategies
- To obtain research based business decisions and add weight to presentations and marketing materials
- To gain competitive knowledge of leading market players
- To avail 10% customization in the report without any extra charges and get the research data or trends added in the report as per the buyer's specific needs.
The information contained in this report is based upon both primary and secondary sources. Primary research included interviews with chelants manufacturers and industry personnel. Secondary research included an exhaustive search of relevant publications like company annual reports, financial reports, and proprietary databases.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p02875622-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution that finds, filters and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001