LONDON, May 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Permanent magnets are the basis of an ever-increasing number of devices of modern life.
They are found in or used in making almost every modern convenience today, from air-conditioners and washing machines to speakers in mobile phones and electric motors in hybrid cars.
Here are some facts about the magnets:
· There are currently four main types of permanent magnets - NdFeB, SmCo, AlNiCo, and Ferrite.
· NdFeB and SmCo are rare earth magnets that find applications in motors, telephones, automobiles, credit cards, monitors, audio systems, imaging systems, etc.
· Ferrite and AlNiCo magnets are brittle, non-corrosive and cheaper than rare earth magnets.
· Ferrite and AlNiCo are mostly used in household products, speakers, MRI machines, DC motors, magnetic holders and lifters, magnetic assemblies and tools, etc.
· As ferrite magnets require cheaper raw materials and have low manufacturing costs, they are currently dominating the global permanent magnets industry.
Here are key findings of the study:
· The global magnet market currently represents a multi-billion-dollar industry.
· Well-diversified and growing industrial applications coupled by the fact that they have limited alternatives are driving the current demand of NdFeB magnets.
· SmCo magnets, on the other hand, are gaining acceptance due to an increasing spending on defense and aerospace products.
· Governments across various countries are also promoting green technologies in order to decrease the carbon emissions which in turn is also expected to boost the global demand of rare earth magnets in the coming years.
· We expect, the overall demand of permanent magnets to grow at a CAGR of around 6.2% during the forecast period.
The study, which is based both on desk research and multiple waves of qualitative primary research, is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who are planning to foray into the magnet industry in any manner.
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-magnet-market-forecast-to-grow-62-cagr-by-2022-300458008.html