VANCOUVER, April 25, 2018 /PRNewswire/ - GOLDCORP INC. (TSX: G, NYSE: GG) ("Goldcorp" or the "Company") is pleased to provide an update on its 2018 exploration program. Representative drill results are provided below; website links to further information including full drill results, drill coordinates, quality assurance and quality control information and relevant diagrams are provided at the end of each section.
- Cerro Negro's Silica Cap target continues to return positive results including 7.47 m at 121.75 g/t gold and 275.20 g/t silver (SCDD-18054). Expecting maiden mineral resource estimate in 2018. 2018 exploration budget of $20 million will be used to continue accelerated testing of early-staged targets and expansion of current known veins. Optimization study continues and is expected to be completed by the end of 2018.
- Santa Rosa target initial drilling near Peñasquito intersected mineralized intervals of 164 m at 1.06 g/t gold from 212 m (SRD-19-18) along with higher grade intercepts of skarn mineralization of 22 m at 3.46 g/t gold from 408 m. Goldcorp has also signed a letter of intent with Minera Frisco, S.A.B. de C.V. outlining a proposed joint venture to jointly explore key regional targets in the Mazapil Valley near Peñasquito.
- Commencement of drilling at Norte Abierto. A total of 13 holes for 11,868 meters have been completed. Drilling program is expected to confirm the geological model, provide geotechnical data and metallurgical samples for Cerro Casale and Caspiche, and initiate a reconnaissance program on the Luciano advanced target.
- Musselwhite continues to return positive drill results to support mineral reserve growth in 2018 and identifies new exploration opportunities down-plunge at Lynx North and Redwing. Recent holes from PQ Deeps included 10.6 m at 18.2 g/t gold (18-PQE-016) and 11.7 m at 18.40 g/t gold (18-PQE-017).
- Continued underground drilling at HG Young (Red Lake Camp) confirmed down plunge continuity of the deposit with mineralized intercepts including 0.91 m at 158.52 g/t gold (D142074). Updated mineral resource estimate is expected in the third quarter of 2018 and starter mine plan by the end of 2019.
- Coffee Mineral Resource Update: 2017 drill programs added several new deposits to the Coffee mineral resource inventory and upgraded Kona North to indicated mineral resource classification, resulting in an indicated mineral resource estimate of 4.65 Mt at 1.17 g/t gold for 180,000 ounces, and an inferred mineral resource estimate of 9.6 Mt at 0.99 g/t gold for 300,000 ounces. 2018 drill programs are already underway with a focus on expanding the known mineralized areas and converting mineral resources into mineral reserves.