WASHINGTON, Nov. 1, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Bloomberg will host Bloomberg Next, a series of briefings and discussions in Washington, D.C., the week of November 14. The programs will convene legislators, policymakers, business leaders and academics to discuss the future of key issues including US infrastructure, Medicare, the Supreme Court, federal digital operations, self-driving cars, cybersecurity, and artificial intelligence.
Programs are open to the press; attendance is by registration or invitation-only. For a complete schedule and program details, visit www.bloombergnext.com.
Among the speakers confirmed for Bloomberg Next events include:
- Robert Atkinson, President, Information Technology & Innovation Foundation
- Jon Blum, Executive Vice President of Medical Affairs, CareFirst BCBS
- Mayor Muriel Bowser, Mayor, Washington, DC
- Steve Cooper, Chief Information Officer, US Department of Commerce
- Mayor Mick Cornett, Mayor, Oklahoma City
- Rep. John Delaney, Chair, House Caucus on Artificial Intelligence, US House of Representatives
- Mark Dowd, Deputy Assistant Secretary, US Department of Transportation
- Maneesha Mithal, Associate Director, Division of Privacy & Identity Protection, Federal Trade Commission
- Ted Olson, Partner, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher, and former United States Solicitor General
- Ed Rendell, Co-Chair, Building America's Future and former Pennsylvania governor
- Damon Silvers, Policy Director, AFL-CIO
- Donald B. Verrilli, Jr., Partner, Munger, Tolles & Olson and former United States Solicitor General
Event sponsors include Better Medicare Alliance, Deloitte, Lowenstein Sandler, Navigant, Paul Hastings, State Farm, Toyota and Sullivan & Cromwell LLP.
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company's strength – delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately – is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service. Bloomberg's enterprise solutions build on the company's core strength: leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. For more information, visit www.bloomberg.com or request a demo.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/government--business-leaders-to-discuss-2017-agenda-at-post-election-event-series-300354963.html
SOURCE Bloomberg Government