LONDON, Jan. 12, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- This BCC Research report covers the global markets and technologies of high performance (HP) plastic films. Forecast revenue is provided through 2019.
Use this report to:
- Analyze markets for high-performance films by resin type and regions.
- Receive information about the major application types of high performance films, including packaging, electrical/electronics, automotive and photovoltaic.
- Understand how structural issues affect the high-performance plastic films industry, such as the roles of film fabricators, converters, and distributors.
- Analyze industry structure and profile important players in the global high-performance films market.
- The global market for high-performance (HP) plastic films was worth $9.7 billion in 2014. The market is expected to reach nearly $14.0 billion in 2019, registering a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.5% between 2014 and 2019.
- Polyester (mostly PET) resins totaled roughly $6.7 billion in 2014 and should reach $9.2 billion by 2019, demonstrating a CAGR of 6.6% from 2014 to 2019.
- Polyolefin-based resins totaled nearly $1.1 billion in 2014 and should reach almost $1.5 billion by 2019, with a CAGR of 7.0% from 2014 to 2019.
Introduction & Scope
Plastics are widely used in both developed and developing countries. The U.S. had been the world's largest producer and user of plastics for decades until it was surpassed by China in recent years. In 2009, China's average plastics consumption reached 46 kg per capita, overtaking the world's average for the first time. Although still being far behind the North American level of approximate 170 kg per capita, China became the world's No. 1 plastic consuming country.
While China will have huge potential for the growth in both consumption and production, the U.S. remains competitive. Abundant and cheap natural gas feedstock from hydraulic fracturing ("fracking") of tight gas shales will provide the opportunity for large petrochemical and polymer companies to re-building their U.S. plants. In Europe, Asia and other regions, plastics production and consumption also continue to grow.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/2584396/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers