NEW YORK, Nov. 24, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- India's solar power potential within the country's geographical limits is high as majority of the geographical area lies within the tropics. As per the Census of India 2011 and Wasteland Atlas of India 2011, the total solar power capacity in the country stood at 748 GW, which is more than twice of the country's total installed power capacity. In 2015, the Government of India set a target of 100 GW of solar power generation in the country by 2022. Backed by favorable government measures and abundant solar resources, the solar rooftop market in India is expected to grow at a robust pace over the next five years. With the country's per capita electricity consumption standing at around 746 Kilowatt hour, which is below the global average, demand for electricity in India is expected to increase over the next five years on account of continuing economic growth. Government of India is focusing on expanding the renewable based power generation in the country owing to increasing global warming and environmental concerns. The share of renewable power in India's total installed power generation capacity is estimated to be 13% in 2016, and this share is anticipated to reach 40% by the end of 2030. All these factors point towards robust growth of solar rooftop market in India over the next five years.
According to the TechSci Research report, "India Solar Rooftop Market By State, By Connectivity, By End User, Competition Forecast & Opportunities, 2011 – 2021", the solar rooftop market in India to grow at a CAGR of over 60% during 2016 - 2021. In India, the solar power market is in its developing stage, and numerous measures are being taken by the government to promote the use of solar energy in the country. In order to map the solar potential in the country, the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE), a nodal Ministry of the Government of India for all matters relating to new and renewable energy, has installed 51 Solar Radiation Resource Assessment (SRRA) in the country to calculate the solar potential. In 2015, on-grid solar rooftop segment dominated the India solar rooftop market, and the segment is expected to maintain its dominance over the next five years as well. "India Solar Rooftop Market By State, By Connectivity, By End User, Competition Forecast & Opportunities, 2011 – 2021" discusses the following aspects of India solar rooftop market:
- India Solar Rooftop Market Size, Share & Forecast
- Segmental Analysis – By State (Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Punjab, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Delhi, Haryana & Rest of India), By Connectivity (On-Grid Vs. Off-Grid), By End User (Residential, Commercial & Industrial)
- Policy & Regulatory Landscape
- Changing Market Trends and Emerging Opportunities
- Competitive Landscape and Strategic Recommendations
Why You Should Buy This Report?
- To gain an in-depth understanding of solar rooftop market in India
- To identify the on-going trends and segment wise anticipated growth in the coming years
- To help industry consultants, solar rooftop manufacturers, distributors and other stakeholders align their market-centric strategies
- To obtain research based business decision and add weight to presentations and marketing material
- To gain competitive knowledge of leading players
- To avail 10% customization in the report without any extra charges and get the research data or trends added in the report as per the buyer's specific needs
The information contained in this report is based on both primary and secondary sources. Primary research included interviews with solar project developers and solar modules manufacturers and distributors. Secondary research included an exhaustive search of relevant publications like company annual reports, financial reports and proprietary databases.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p04049461-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001