LONDON, Jan. 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportbuyer.com just published a new market research report:
Chemical Technologies that help in Achieving Sustainability in Building and Construction
This research service analyzes the innovations in chemicals for building and construction by covering five different segmentation; concrete admixtures, adhesives, water proofing chemicals and membranes, repair and rehabilitation chemicals as well as flooring chemicals. This is a study covering the current state as well as the future potential of emerging technologies that help in achieving sustainability in building and construction industries.
Executive Summary—Research Scope
This research service, "Innovations in Chemicals for Building and Construction" brings out the strategic and technology developments in the construction chemicals space on a global scale. This research service captures the global developments for chemicals used in the construction industry as building and construction have gained prominence throughout the world with increasing importance for infrastructure development.
The construction chemicals domain is highly cost-competitive and the current influence of several environmental or green regulations has created an opportunity for the manufacturers to develop multifunctional materials at lower lifecycle cost by efficient utilization of waste recycle and waste reduction techniques.
In brief, this research service provides:
• Snapshot of the construction chemical technologies
• Key drivers and challenges that influence use of chemicals in building and construction.
• Highlights of some key innovations in the field of construction chemicals and the level of technology adoption
• Emerging opportunities for construction chemicals
• Technology deployment and application roadmap
• Roadmap for construction chemical technologies
• Technology Management Strategies
• Key Patents in construction chemical industry
• CTOs/ CEOs/ CIOs
• Technical Architects
• Research Heads
• Strategic Decision Makers
• Technology Policy Heads
• Technology Journals
• Market Research research services
• Technology policy information sites
• Internal databases
• Thought Leader Briefings
Executive Summary- Priorities for Construction Industry
Improving energy efficiency of buildings
Weather resistance, longevity, and low maintenance
Improving indoor and outdoor air quality
The future trends in construction industry is the creation of buildings, which consume less energy to build and operate. This can be achieved in several ways such as by effectively utilizing technology developments, considering process designs, and by studying human behavior patterns and adhering to regulatory frameworks. Examples of technology utilization are installation of thermal insulation materials. Sustainability priorities can be divided into two categories: economic sustainability and environmental sustainability. Economic sustainability is defined as increasing profitability by making more efficient use of resources including chemicals or materials and utilities and labor whereas environmental sustainability can be described as utilization of natural resources for protecting the environment from the impact of emissions, effluent, and waste. New and innovative solutions that meet the demands that are associated with the global challenges are being increasingly considered by stakeholders. Increasing health and wellness is one of the main priorities because it promotes better working conditions for contractors and developers along with providing ambient living conditions.
1. The building and construction market has witnessed the consolidation of several small- and medium-sized participants into larger entities from the last five years, leading to more competition in terms of expertise as opposed to price.
2. Construction chemical companies need to focus on designing and providing sustainable solutions for their product as well as aggressively approach niche markets in each segment through product development or technology innovation and obtain a premium price for their brand.
3. Construction chemical suppliers will have to strengthen their relationships with contractors and architects, and they will have to work together to identify cost-effective options within their portfolio rather than pushing their products unidirectionally into the market.
4. Research and development (R&D) initiatives are significant to the growth of the construction chemicals market. Enormous efforts of R&D activities are needed to differentiate in terms of product offering.
Construction chemicals is one of the niche segments in specialty chemical segments of chemical industry. These chemicals are specialty products that are used in building structures to increase its life, and also to impart additional protection from environmental hazards. Construction chemicals are considered to be the backbone of any type of construction work and are essential for high quality structures . They are usually utilized as additive substances in pre- as well as post-construction stages.
Role of Construction Chemicals
• Minimizing or optimizing utilization of raw materials that are needed to produce sustainable and strong infrastructure
• Promote performance of raw materials that are used in building and construction.
Construction chemicals play a very important role in reducing the total raw material consumption for construction material manufacturers, thus, acting as cost-effective problem solvers espeacilally in the case of ahdesives and rerlated products.
Construction chemicals provide manufacturers a way to differentiate their product. The tailored performance improves the overall market quality., giving consumers a performance-based choice.
Technology Snapshot—Value Chain
Feedstock Source and Creation
• Petroleum Plants
• Chemicals and resin manufacturers
Raw Material Developers
Construction Chemicals Developers
• Developers of materials such as
- Epoxy, Vinyl
• Concrete admixtures
• Water proofing chemicals and membranes
• Repair and rehabilitation chemicals
• Flooring chemicals
Technology Value Chain Analysis
• All feedstock suppliers such as BASF, Shell, Dow Chemical, Huntsman, and ExxonMobil provide continuous supply and evaluation of feedstock. Feedstock manufacturers will ensure that the quality of incoming raw materials are according to specifications, supplier statements, and certificates.
• Construction chemicals and material suppliers such as Sika, Evonik, BASF, Lafarge, Akzo Nobel, Arkema, and WR Grace provide a wide range of innovative offers in specialty construction chemicals and materials that includes: concrete admixtures and fibers, products for architectural concrete, liquid pigments for colored concrete, cement processing additives, concrete masonry products, and structural waterproofing systems.
• Product developers like Dow Chemical, Akzo Nobel, BASF, DuPont, and Saint Gobain provide the complete process of bringing new products to market whereas product fabricators or manufacturers provide a spectrum of construction chemicals or improved products by incorporating several chemicals: additives, pigments or composite materials for specific application.
• Contractors and project developers serves end users from across industry verticals to use construction chemicals ubiquitously.
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 3
Technology Overview 7
Impact Assessment and Analysis 12
Diffusion of Innovation and Needs Assessment 20
Opportunity Evaluation and Landscaping 23
Key Patents 35
Key Contacts 42
The Frost and Sullivan Story 45
Read the full report:
Innovations in Chemicals for Building and Construction (Technical Insights)