SIOUX FALLS, S.D., July 28, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Jack Blades, lead singer, frontman and songwriter for the rock band Night Ranger, has joined Badlands Entertainment in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. The popular musician and personal friend of Badlands CEO Chuck Brennan will be the celebrity host of Pawn For Gold, a television game show being produced by Badlands TV Network. He will also host a weekly radio show entitled The Monday Night Ranger via the Guns, Gold & Rock N Roll Radio Network.
Filming for Pawn for Gold is scheduled to begin in January. The show will feature cutting-edge LED technology, a stage where world renowned artists will perform, and a unique open-audience setting. Visitors of Badlands Pawn are welcome to attend the shooting of the show free of charge. Contestant applications will be available in the Fall.
"In addition to my duties recording, touring, rocking America and the rest of the world with Night Ranger, I'm excited and honored to be the host of Pawn for Gold," said Blades. "When my good friend Chuck Brennan asked me to get onboard, how could I say no? Everything Chuck touches turns to gold."
Throughout his remarkable career, Blades and Night Ranger have sold more than 25 million albums, with smash hits including "Sister Christian," "(You Can Still) Rock in America" and "Don't Tell Me You Love Me." Blades also founded the multi-platinum rock group Damn Yankees.
"Jack is the perfect guest to host this show, as he possesses the same rock star mentality as we do at Badlands," said Chuck Brennan, CEO of Badlands Entertainment. The founder and CEO of such entities as Dollar Loan Center and the Brennan Rock & Roll Academy is a Sioux Falls native and said he is bringing his best ideas for entertainment to his hometown. "We are creating an unprecedented entertainment district right here in Sioux Falls that people will travel from around the world to experience."
Blades' radio show, The Monday Night Ranger, will air live from Badlands every Monday night from 7-10 p.m. beginning in January. "During the show, Jack will be playing music, interviewing bands and telling road stories," said Brennan. "He will also be interviewing the nationally known bands that will be performing at Badlands every Thursday night and talking about upcoming events at Badlands Motor Speedway."
Badlands Pawn, Gold & Jewelry opens Thanksgiving Day and will become one of South Dakota's top entertainment destinations in the new Sioux Falls Sports & Entertainment District. The complex spans 60,000 square feet of entertainment, shopping and sports opportunities including:
- The largest pawn shop in the Midwest with jewelry, electronics and treasures up and down every aisle and around every corner
- 24/7 live FM rock radio station, the 'Guns, Gold & Rock N Roll Radio Network'
- An in-house mint that makes Badlands-branded gold and silver coins and bars
- Gun shop with state-of-the-art shooting range and 14 lanes
- Tattoo parlor offering free Badlands logo tattoos
- Badlands House Band, performing on-site and on-tour
- Concert stage for guests to try out their gear, complete with 300 flying guitars
- Entertainment agency, Badlands Entertainment Group
- Ticket Broker
- $1 million in gold on display, melted and imprinted at Badlands
- Filming of several Badlands-based television shows
- State of the art, 1,700 capacity, 2 level concert showroom with VIP Suites and Club Level
CONTACT: Sarah Thornton, 702-239-0785, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Badlands Entertainment