SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 22, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Jumpshot, the only company that unlocks walled garden data, today announced the launch of DigitalConsumer.com, a data dashboard and news website showcasing walled-garden consumer insights from all the major online marketplaces such as Amazon, Walmart.com, Target and Macy's, among others.
These consumer insights, typically hidden from brand marketers by the major eCommerce players, will now be available online for the first time ever with ongoing featured content and data dashboards updated monthly.
"We launched DigitalConsumer.com to provide an industry resource for staying up-to-date with the latest and greatest consumer insights across all online marketplaces," said Deren Baker, CEO of Jumpshot. "This is the first time that brand marketers have access to constantly updated data that showcases consumer behavior behind all these walled garden sites. We hope it serves as a useful tool as marketers navigate the ever changing eCommerce landscape."
The data dashboards currently tracked and updated include:
- Amazon: Total traffic and conversions, top categories, top referring domains, top referring keywords, top purchases and top searches
- In June, Amazon saw its highest number of visits that resulted in a conversion (almost 97M), and its second highest conversion rate (7.87 percent of all visits).
- In May, four of the top selling products for the retailer were Amazon devices, prime subscriptions, or gift cards.
- Marketplaces: Amazon-resistant categories, top non-Amazon sites, top Walmart categories, top Kohl's categories, top Macy's categories and top Target categories
- After Amazon Walmart.com is consistently the 2nd-ranked eCommerce site in terms of purchase. A redesign of the site has coincided with an increase in conversion rates for the retailer.
- At number three is the surprising Chewy.com, which focuses solely on pet food and pet supplies and has provided a model of how to gain market share against Amazon.
- Brands: Skin care, men's athletic shoes, women's athletic shoes, televisions, headphones and clothing
- Travel: Airlines, online travel agencies and hotels
Some feature articles and insights from this month's DigitalConsumer.com:
- Trends in eCommerce: The Beauty Edition. More than 10 percent of beauty purchases were made online in 2017, nearly double the portion in 2011 when just 5.6 percent were online.
- Growth in product search, where Amazon now surpasses Google, has positioned the retailer to drive sales of sponsored placements. From January to May, the portion of Amazon's product views that result from sponsored listings has grown more than 30 percent.
To view the data dashboards and charts, along with feature stories, visit www.digitalconsumer.com.
Jumpshot delivers digital intelligence from within the Internet's most valuable walled gardens. The company's real-time, opt-in global panel tracks five billion actions a day across 100 million devices to deliver insights into online consumer behavior. Jumpshot works with customers including Unilever, Condé Nast, Kantar, TripAdvisor, IRi, and GFK, among others. Learn more about Jumpshot at www.jumpshot.com.