NEW YORK, Aug. 3, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Maintaining its long-standing tradition of supporting HIV/AIDS charities, Kiehl's Since 1851, the venerable New York-based purveyor of fine quality skin and hair care, announces its continued partnership with amfAR, The Foundation for AIDS Research, and the sixth annual Kiehl's LifeRide for amfAR.
Inspired by Kiehl's history with motorcycles and philanthropic heritage, the sixth annual charity motorcycle ride continues the brand's mission to heighten awareness and raise funds for amfAR. Beginning in Denver, and ending in San Diego, the 12-day ride takes place Aug. 4-15, 2015.
Rallying at 10 retail stores along the route, the company will donate a total of $150,000 over the course of the ride. At each stop, the public is invited to meet the riders, learn more about amfAR and contribute to the non-profit.
Chris Salgardo, President, Kiehl's USA and Kevin Robert Frost, CEO, amfAR will lead this year's riders, who include actors Vanessa Marcil, Gilles Marini, Teddy Sears, Tricia Helfer, Kristy Swanson, Jay Ellis, and Jaime Camil.
Making a special appearance to support the ride, amfAR's Global Campaign Chair, Sharon Stone, will accept the check for the full donation to amfAR at LifeRide's stop in Santa Monica, Wed., Aug. 12. At the conclusion of this year's ride, Kiehl's will have raised $1,270,000 for amfAR since 2010, funding seven cure-related research projects.
Key partners for the ride include Harley-Davidson®, Delta and FIJI Water. Additional support will be provided by Exotics Racing, Kenneth Cole, Psycho Bunny, Microsoft, and Tom Ford.
The public is invited to celebrate and learn more about amfAR at each stop along the route, and those not close to this year's route can support and be part of the ride in a few different ways.
- Customers nationwide can donate to amfAR by visiting CrowdRise.com/LifeRide2015, and either donate to one of the riders, or create their own fundraising page to share their own story. When you donate, you will be entered to win complimentary flights and tickets to the amfAR Inspiration Gala in Los Angeles in October, and beginning August 3rd, when you make a donation, you'll receive promo code THANKYOU for a complimentary product with any $30 purchase on Kiehls.com.
- To celebrate and commemorate Kiehl's commitment to amfAR, this year's LifeRide coincides with the release of LIFERIDE: Riding for a Cure, a coffee-table photo book chronicling the first five years of LifeRide. Featuring photos by Grammy award-winning photographer Travis Shinn, the book will be available for $60, in all Kiehl's retail stores beginning August 1, and 100% of Kiehl's net profits of the book, up to $10,000, benefit amfAR.
- 100% of net profits, up to $25,000, from the sale of Kiehl's Limited Edition Ultimate Strength Hand Salve, a jumbo-size of the brand's classic formula, will benefit amfAR. The Limited Edition Ultimate Strength Hand Salve will be available for $28.50 at all Kiehl's retail stores, Kiehls.com and specialty store partners nationwide.
- In celebration of LifeRide, every customer who visits one of the stop stores on the day of its event will receive a 15% discount on all purchases, with the exception of charitable products and value sets. Kiehl's will donate that 15% to amfAR, up to $115,000. For a full ride schedule of events, please visit www.Kiehls.com/LifeRide
- Kiehl's will also offer a nationwide fundraising discount of 15% off all purchases with the exception of charitable products and value sets at Kiehl's retail stores nationwide and Kiehls.com, Aug. 15 through Aug. 17. Kiehl's will donate that 15% difference to amfAR, up to the $115,000 total donation.
Together, from all of these elements, and with the help of our friends, customers and riders, by the end of the sixth annual LifeRide for amfAR, Kiehl's will have raised $1,270,000 for amfAR via motorcycle rides and event donations since 2010.
JOIN THE RIDE!
Kiehl's and amfAR invite all to be a part of this year's ride. Press and public welcome at the following store stops:
- TUESDAY, AUG. 4
- LIFERIDE KICK-OFF! Kiehl's Cherry Creek Shopping Center, 3000 E 1st Ave., Denver, CO, 12-1PM
- THURSDAY, AUG. 6
- Kiehl's Fashion Place, 1664 Fashion Place, Murray, UT, 12-1PM
- MONDAY, AUG. 10
- Las Vegas Harley-Davidson®, 5191 S Las Vegas Blvd., Las Vegas, NV 1-2:30PM
- Kiehl's at Neiman Marcus, 3200 Las Vegas Blvd. S., Las Vegas, NV, 3-4PM
- Kiehl's at Forum Shops at Caesars, 3500 Las Vegas Blvd. S., Las Vegas, NV, 5-6PM
- TUESDAY, AUG. 11:
- Kiehl's at Dillard's Downtown Summerlin, 11011 Sage Park Dr., Las Vegas, NV, 11AM-12PM
- WEDNESDAY, AUG. 12
- Kiehl's Santa Monica, 1516 Montana Ave, Santa Monica, CA, 3-4PM
- THURSDAY, AUG. 13
- Kiehl's at Los Cerritos Center, 274 Los Cerritos Center, Cerritos, CA, 12-1PM
- Kiehl's at South Coast Plaza, 3333 Bristol St., Costa Mesa, CA, 2-3PM
- FRIDAY, AUG. 14:
- Kiehl's at University Town Center, 4545 La Jolla Village Dr., San Diego, CA, 3-4PM
- San Diego Harley-Davidson®, 4645 Morena Blvd., San Diego, CA. 5-6PM
- SATURDAY, AUG. 15:
- LIFERIDE FINALE! Kiehl's at Fashion Valley, 7007 Friars Rd., San Diego, CA, 12-1PM
If you can't attend an event, follow the ride and send the riders messages on social media, #LifeRide6. Kiehl's is @Kiehls and @KiehlsPrez on Twitter; @KiehlsNYC on Instagram. amfAR is @amfAR on Twitter and Instagram.
To find out more about LifeRide, obtain a schedule of events, or get involved in the fight against HIV/AIDS, please visit www.Kiehls.com/LifeRide.
Press Contact: Rachael Kelley
SOURCE Kiehl's Since 1851