MISSISSAUGA, ON, Jan. 16, 2014 /CNW/ - Kronos Incorporated announced this week at the National Retail Federation's Annual Convention Expo in New York an accelerated rate of retailers around the world are deploying its workforce management solutions to improve brand value and profitability. Many of these retailers have chosen to deploy Kronos solutions in the Kronos Cloud as a way to speed implementation time, resulting in faster return on investment.
- Kronos Cloud deployments enable retailers to achieve rapid return on investment through quicker, easier implementations, as well as high levels of competitive differentiation through improved efficiency and reduced costs. Deploying in the Kronos Cloud also frees up IT resources for other functions, as IT no longer needs to focus on software upgrades, legislative updates, or changes to existing configuration.
- Ultimately, through faster implementation of applications and lower total cost of software ownership, deploying in the Kronos Cloud helps create a more streamlined and simplified operational environment, allowing retailers to focus on providing a superior customer experience.
- Leading retailers have chosen to deploy in the Kronos Cloud, including: Katz Group Pharmacies Inc. with more than 420 convenient Rexall and Rexall Pharma Plus locations across Central and Western Canada; Best Buy, a world-leading multinational consumer electronics corporation; Family Dollar, a leading discount chain of variety stores; Jos. A. Bank, a leading retailer of men's clothing; and PUMA, a multinational corporation that produces athletic and casual footwear as well as sportswear.
- In addition to cloud computing, Kronos continues to aggressively invest in its suite of retail-specific solutions, making them easier and more cost effective for retailers to own. As a result, hundreds of retailers around the world optimize their workforce management practices with Kronos to deliver the experience that their consumers not only expect but demand. These retailers include some of the world's most recognizable brands such as: Coach, a leading luxury leather goods brand; Dick's Sporting Goods, a retail leader in sporting goods; Forever 21, a specialty retailer of clothing and accessories; Neiman Marcus Group, owner of the luxury specialty department store Neiman Marcus; Starbucks, the largest coffeehouse company in the world; and The Container Store, a retail chain that specializes in storage and organization solutions.
- Alex Torres, human resources director, Best Buy Mexico "We selected Kronos for two main reasons. First, Kronos has the longest record of helping retailers around the world successfully optimize their workforce management processes. Second, Kronos offers solutions that are highly intuitive and innovative. We don't know of another workforce management vendor that matches Kronos in innovation, functionality, and ease of use."
- Lisa Rowan, research vice president, HR, talent and learning strategies, IDC "Delivering applications in the cloud will be a key driver for the human capital management market in the years to come and will help this industry remain strong in most parts of the world. Cloud implementations will lead to lower total cost of ownership, an opportunity to optimize scarce resources, and can also help modernize applications for improved usability."
- Liz Moughan, director, retail and hospitality practice group Kronos "Stakes are rising in retail. The market is more competitive than ever and consumers demand an excellent shopping experience. And retailers want technology vendors to help them focus more on their core business of selling. This ease-of-use and ease-of-ownership factor is of paramount importance today and we remain committed to offering our customers the flexibility they need in how they want to purchase, deploy, and maintain the Kronos solution. The demand we're experiencing in our cloud solution will only grow as retailers fully realize the power of optimizing operations, reducing costs, and improving efficiency with cloud - all of which enable them to invest back in their core business."
- Kronos made this announcement from the National Retail Federation's (NRF) 103rd Annual Convention and Expo being in held in New York from Jan. 12-15. Kronos is exhibiting in booth #2939.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Subscribe to our workforce management blogs.
- Take a look at the lighter side of workforce management in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR, and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.ca. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2014 Kronos Incorporated. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works are trademarks of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Kronos Incorporated