ATLANTA, Nov. 3 /PRNewswire/ -- The anticipation for Abilities Expo Atlanta (www.abilitiesexpo.com) has been building for months. Thousands of people with disabilities, their families, caregivers and healthcare professionals are expected to attend this free, three-day expo and conference taking place Friday, November 6, through Sunday, November 8, 2009 at the Cobb Galleria Convention Center (Event hours: Friday 11:00 am - 5:00 pm, Saturday 10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Sunday 11:00 am - 5:00 pm).
Abilities Expo has put together an impressive line-up of exhibits, workshops and special events to appeal to the full spectrum of people with disabilities, from children to seniors and everyone in between.
"Abilities Expo's distinguished 30-year track record of enhancing the lives of people with disabilities through technology, education and networking continues in Atlanta," said David Korse, president and CEO of Abilities Expo. "Between the adaptive sports demonstrations, the sneak peek at the future of assistive technology, the dynamic workshops and the thousands of products and services on display...this is a must-attend for everyone in the Community."
Attendees will find:
- Cutting-edge products and services for people with disabilities
- Brand-new assistive technology prototypes that are still in development and the latest commercially available AT products at the Assistive Technology Pavilion
- Hundreds of low-cost daily living aids at the Retail Pavilion
- Free compelling workshops
- Free career-boosting CEU-seminars (for healthcare professionals)
- Artist Market where Georgia's most-celebrated artists with disabilities will display, demonstrate and sell their artwork
- Interactive, adaptive sports
- A fashion show featuring contemporary and accessible clothing and accessories
- Dance performance and instruction
- Canine assistance demonstration
- Fun activities for kids of all ages
- The opportunity to donate used disability equipment
- And much more
For more information, schedules and pre-registration, visit www.abilitiesexpo.com/atlanta.
About Abilities Expo
Abilities Expo is the nation's premier event for the 1 in 5 Americans with disabilities, their families, caregivers and healthcare professionals. For the past three decades, the Community has gathered at Abilities Expos across the country to discover the latest, life-enhancing products and services and learn from relevant, free workshops. On the industry side, Abilities Expo is the premier trade show for manufacturers, distributors and service providers to showcase their products and services directly to the end-user and professional healthcare providers. For more information, visit www.abilitiesexpo.com.
SOURCE Abilities Expo