TORONTO, May 28, 2015 /CNW/ - The Board of Directors of Leon's Furniture Limited (the "Corporation") is pleased to announce the following changes to our Executive Management Team effective June 17, 2015:
- Mr. Terrence Leon will retain his title as Chief Executive Officer of the Corporation;
- Mr. Edward Leon will become the President and Chief Operating Officer of the Corporation;
- Mr. Dominic Scarangella will become Executive Vice President and retain his title as Chief Financial Officer of the Corporation;
- Mr. Michael J. Walsh (formerly a Vice President at Canadian Tire Corporation) will join the Corporation and will become the President for the Leon's Division of the Corporation;
- Mr. David Leon will become Vice President, Information Systems and Controls of the Corporation;
- Mr. Graeme Leon will become Vice President, Merchandising for the Leon's Division of the Corporation; and
- Mr. John Cooney will become Vice President, Legal and retain his title as Secretary of the Corporation.
After serious consideration, we believe these changes will be very positive and beneficial to the overall strength of our organization. We wish to welcome Mike to the Leon's team. We hope that his efforts, and the efforts of all of the other associates involved in these changes, who have demonstrated a level of dedication, commitment and loyalty for many years, will lead to continued success for the Corporation.
We fully expect our unique corporate culture of respect, fairness and cooperation to not only continue as a result of these changes, but to grow even stronger.
On behalf of the Board of Directors,
Mark J. Leon
Chairman of the Board
SOURCE Leon's Furniture Limited