NEW YORK, Oct. 1, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- American Greetings Properties (AGP), in conjunction with its partner PlayDate Digital Inc., has announced a great new way to start and end any child's day—a wake-up and goodnight activities app that lets kids put the beloved Care Bears™ to bed or wake them up! "Care Bears: Sleepy Time Rise and Shine" features seven of the most beloved Care Bears characters and empowers the user to either put the Care Bears to bed or help them start their day! The app is designed for 2- to 5-year-olds who love the Care Bears, but don't love getting ready for bed or getting up. Helping the Care Bears master their bedtime and wake-up routines can help kids master theirs.
According to a 2015 study published in ScienceDaily by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine, a regular bedtime routine is associated with better sleep in young children up to six years of age, and the positive impact on sleep increases with consistency. PlayDate Digital and AGP recognize the importance of establishing sound bedtime rituals, and by incorporating beloved characters such as the Care Bears into the app, it makes the process even more endearing for children and parents.
"We are so excited to partner with American Greetings to bring the beloved Care Bears property to mobile devices everywhere. We believe that kids learn best through play. By having them practice waking the Care Bears and then putting them down for the night, we hope that children will not only establish a healthy sleep routine for their special friends, but also for themselves," said Shaan Kandawalla, Co-Founder, PlayDate Digital.
"Bringing our Care Bears to life by making them a special part of this daily ritual is a great way to make learning fun," said Megan Buettner, Vice President of Creative Studios and New Media at AGP. "The Care Bears are relatable and friendly, thereby offsetting anxiety that comes with morning and nighttime transitions. We hope that this activity-based app will become a trusted part of a family's routine."
In "Rise and Shine," your cub starts the day by visiting each Care Bear at home to enjoy a special activity.
- Chirp with the birds to wake up Harmony Bear!
- Join Funshine Bear in some jumping jacks!
- Bring Share Bear a hearty breakfast!
- Help Tenderheart Bear make his bed!
- Encourage Cheer Bear with her routine!
- Let the sun shine in for Wonderheart Bear!
- Get Grumpy Bear's latest cuckoo clock invention to work!
In "Sleepy Time," the Care Bears are very sleepy after a busy day but need your little cub's help getting to sleep.
- Rock Harmony Bear to sleep with her favorite lullaby!
- Count the stars with Funshine Bear!
- Pull down the shade so Share Bear can go to sleep!
- Fluff Tenderheart Bear's pillow!
- Turn on Cheer Bear's nightlight!
- Find Wonderheart Bear's floppy bunny!
- Help Grumpy Bear with his blanket!
- Care Bear favorites including Harmony Bear, Funshine Bear, Share Bear, Tenderheart Bear, Cheer Bear, Wonderheart Bear and Grumpy Bear
- Original "Sleepy Time" and "Wake-up" songs available exclusively in this app
- Seven separate "Wake-up" activities and seven separate "Good Night" activities
- Models healthy morning behavior, like a good breakfast and exercise
- Mini-games including "Pop the Bubbles" and "Catch the Care Bears on the Rainbow Cloud"
- Additionally, little cubs can interact with the night sky and the Care Bears as they float by on their clouds
The "Care Bears: Sleepy Time Rise and Shine" app is available now for $2.99 in the App Store on iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch or at www.AppStore.com.
About PlayDate Digital Inc.
PlayDate Digital Inc. is an emergent publisher of high-quality, interactive, mobile educational software for children, designed to nurture children's emerging literacy and creativity skills. Created in collaboration with leading preschool education experts, PlayDate Digital content is built in partnership with some of the world's most trusted global brands for kids and developed and published for iOS and Android devices. More information can be found online at www.playdatedigital.com or "Like" them on Facebook and follow them on Twitter (@playdatedigital).
About AG Properties
AG Properties (AGP) is the intellectual property and outbound licensing division of American Greetings Corporation, which was built upon the successful re-launch of Care Bears™ and other iconic kids' entertainment brands, including Holly Hobbie™ and Madballs™, as well as new properties Boofle™, Packages from Planet X™ and Twisted Whiskers™. AGP develops multi-platform entertainment franchises across all media channels, and extensive consumer merchandising programs that immerse children and adults in brands they love. Experience AGP online at www.agkidzone.com. For more information on AGP, visit www.agpbrands.com.
SOURCE PlayDate Digital Inc.