NEW YORK, Jan. 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
This report provides a concise overview of the Savory Snacks market in Germany. After reading this report, you will understand the size of the market, the economic, demographic, and behavioural trends which will drive its evolution, and the leading players within the market, allowing you to plan effectively for the future.
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
This overview of the consumer and market dynamics of the German Savory Snacks sector allows new entrants and established players to gain rapid and comprehensive insight into the current state of the market and identify the key trends that will drive growth in the coming years.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
Germany is the biggest food market in the EU. Major trends include a greater demand for healthier Food such as low calorie, zero trans-fat, vegetarian, and organic options; foods that offer greater convenience such as designed for on-the-go, microwavable, easy to prepare or readily accessible for foodservices; and greater choice in terms of variety, such as more premium and exotic products, and Private Label products.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
Most of the Snack foods are considered to be indulgence Food. However, high income level and health consciousness have raised demand for low fat and non-fat snack products that still taste good.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
This report brings together consumer insight and market data to provide a comprehensive brief of the Germany Savory Snacks sector. This allows for the rapid identification of key growth opportunities across major Savory Snacks categories and their packaging.
Key Features and Benefits
Analysis of consumer behaviour, economic conditions and demography reveals emerging opportunities in the Savory Snacks sector.
Key growth categories are highlighted by analysing the market dynamics of major Savory Snacks categories.
Market shares are provided for the leading brands and private labels across Savory Snacks categories.
An overview of packaging trends in the German Savory Snacks sector is provided, including primary packaging material and type, packaging closures, and outer packaging.
Key Market Issues
Germany is regarded as the economic powerhouse of Europe, but is crucially dependent on an export market that covers not only the EU region, but emerging markets as well. Although the German economy has performed better than most other Western European countries, economic uncertainty in several EU countries is expected to affect consumer spending in Germany.
Price competition is very high in Germany's food retail market leading to low prices and slim margins. Discounters have a comparatively high share in food retailing in Germany.
Germany is the biggest food market in the EU. Major trends in both include a greater demand for healthier food such as low calorie, zero trans-fat, vegetarian, and organic options, and foods that offer greater convenience such as those designed for on-the-go, microwavable, easy to prepare or readily accessible for foodservices.
The German Savory Snacks market is complex, encompassing a variety of needs and tastes. The desire to Indulge is the key motivation driving consumption. This page examines the influence of two of the leading trends in the Savory Snacks sector in Germany.
The creation of Personal Space & Time and the desire to Enjoy eating snacks are the other important trends driving consumption of Savory Snacks in Germany. Evolving consumer tastes and preferences means that snacks marketers in Germany must adapt new strategies.
In recent years the prices of commodities such as potatoes and corn, which are the raw materials used to produce Snacks, has risen significantly, mostly due to the higher cost of cereal imports and energy. This has affected the profit margins of manufacturers, and resulted in price hikes.
Consumers are price-conscious, which affects their food purchasing decisions and urges then to do comparison shopping. This price sensitivity will also provide a greater opportunity for private label products.
With a rapidly aging population, marketers face the challenge of targeting middle-aged consumers and their specific nutritional needs and consumption habits, who are increasingly oriented to healthy lifestyles.
Consumers tend to associate organic production methods with quality. Opportunities exist for low calorie, low salted processed snacks and Nuts & Seeds.
The growing consumption of Savory Snacks in Germany means demand for almost all key pack materials and types will increase between 2012 and 2017. Demand will increase for Flexible Plastic Bag/Sachets, along with a slight demand for Paper & Board Boxes, as a result of its increasing use across all Snacks products, due to its low weight, innovative designs, and size flexibility.
- A declining birth rate and an ageing population are creating new dynamics in the consumer Economic uncertainty to adversely affect consumer spending in Germany
- Germany's food retail market is highly competitive, saturated and features low prices and narrow profit margins
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets are the most preferred channel for purchase of Savory Snacks in Germany
- High share of single-person households in Germany is adding momentum to Foodservices sector
- Male consumers have a little higher consumption share of Savory Snacks In Germany
- There is a strong potential to consumers across all age-groups in Germany's Savory Snacks market
- Indulgence is the most influential factor for Germans in their Savory Snacks purchases
- Creating Personal Space and Enjoyment are the other major trends in the German Savory Snacks market
- Germany's Savory Snacks sector is a matured market will register sound growth during 2012-2017
- Potato Chips and Processed Snacks are driving growth in the Savory Snacks sector in Germany
- Potato Chips to increase its market share during 2012-2017
Brands and Private Labels
- Private Label penetration is highest in the Ethnic/Traditional Snacks category
- Private Label Potato Chips is the fastest growing category in local currency value
- Key brands by category
- Potato Chips and Processed Snacks are driving demand for Flexible Packaging Bags and Sachets
- Rising consumption of Potato Chips, Processed Snacks and Popcorn will drive changes in packaging demand by 2017
Future Outlook- four key trends in Germany's Savory Snacks sector
- Increasing input and import costs will impact prices and profitability
- Consumers are become frugal in their consumption of snacks
- Age-Specific Needs driving consumer attention
- Consumers have mounting health consciousness
Data Appendix and Summary Methodology
To order this report: Market Focus: Trends and Developments in the Savory Snacks Sector in Germany
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001