LONDON, May 3, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The masterbatch market is estimated to have accounted for USD 8.35 billion in 2014 and is projected to reach USD 12.61 billion by 2020, registering a CAGR of 7.0% between 2015 and 2020. The market is largely driven by the increased demand from the end-use industries such as packaging, consumer goods, and others.
"Color masterbatch to dominate the market with largest market share"
Color masterbatch is the most popular type of masterbatch. The demand of color masterbatch is mainly driven by the need of end-use industries such as packaging, consumer goods, textiles, and automotive to differentiate their products in the market. These end-use industries rely heavily on color for their marketing and branding strategies. Color masterbatch offers these companies the option of using customized colors. It is the largest segment of the masterbatch market, in terms of volume and value. The demand of color masterbatch can be attributed to the growing need of end-use industries to make their products visually appealing for customers.
"Packaging segment to capture the largest share of the masterbatch market"
The increase in movement of goods owing to globalization, liberalization, changing consumer lifestyles, and economic development has led to the increase in demand for better protection and handling of goods. The availability of wide variety of plastics and their adherence to regulatory standards make plastics the most extensively used material in packaging. Plastics also help provide better aesthetics to packaging as they offer ease in providing the required color, shape, size, utility, printing, weight, protection, and others. The growth of plastics in the packing industry is driving the demand of masterbatch. It is widely used in the plastics industry for coloring. The growing importance of color in marketing and branding activities is further fueling growth of the masterbatch market.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for several segments and subsegments gathered through secondary research, extensive primary interviews were conducted as follows:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 (50%), Tier 2 (37%), and Tier 3 (13%).
- By Designation: C-level (46%), Director Level (33%), and Others (21%)
- By Region: North America (34%), Europe (31%), Asia-PacificA(23%), and RoW (12%).
The various key players profiled in the report includes A. Schulman, Inc. (U.S.), Cabot Corporation (U.S.), Clariant AG (Switzerland), Polyone Corporation (U.S.), Plastika Kritis S.A. (Greece), Ampacet Corporation (U.S.), Hubron International Ltd. (U.K.), Kunststof-Kemi Skandinavia A/S (Denmark), Polyplast Müller GmbH (Germany), and Tosaf Group (Israel).
The report will help the leading players/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
1. This report segments the masterbatch market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall market and the subsegments across different verticals and regions.
2. The report helps stakeholders to understand the pulse of the market and provides them information on key market drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
3. This report will help stakeholders to better understand the competitor and gain more insights to improve their position in the business. The competitive landscape includes new product developments, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3577829/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/masterbatch-market-by-type-and-by-application---global-trends--forecasts-to-2020-300262286.html