NEW YORK, Aug. 30, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
The medical adhesive tapes market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.69% between 2017 and 2022
The medical adhesive tapes market is expected to grow from an estimated USD 6.64 billion in 2017 to USD 8.76 billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 5.69% between 2017 and 2022. Significant growth has been observed in applications such as surgeries, wound dressings, secure IV lines, splints, and ostomy seals which is expected to fuel the growth of the medical adhesive tapes market due to the ease of use and wide availability.
Among backing materials, the fabric medical adhesive tapes segment is expected to lead the medical adhesive tapes market
Fabric medical tapes are made of either polyester, cotton, taffeta, or a combination of fibers which are coated with adhesives allowing the dressing to stick to the body surface. Fabric medical adhesive tapes find applications in securing dressings, catheters, tubing, and other medical purposes. Their strength, along with elasticity enable use on body areas such as the biceps, which expand and contract with movement. Due to the fabric backing, doctors or surgeons can mark them with pens to tag surgical scrubs and other equipment.
The secure IV lines application segment of the medical adhesive tapes market is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period
Among applications, the secure IV lines segment in the medical adhesive tapes market is expected to grow at the highest CAGR from 2017 to 2022. These are useful due to factors such as increased security, decreased risk of infection, and improved site visibility.
The Asia Pacific medical adhesive tapes market is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period
Among regions, the Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest-growing medical adhesive tapes market. Growth is mainly attributed to high-growth economies such as China, India, Taiwan, and other smaller countries, such as Indonesia, Vietnam, and Malaysia. China is the leading market in terms of the demand for medical adhesive tapes in the Asia Pacific.
Breakup of primary interviews:
• By Company Type: Tier 1 – 50%, Tier 2 – 25%, and Tier 3 – 25%
• By Designation: D-level – 42%, C-level – 16%, and Others – 42%
• By Region: North America –17%, Europe – 33%, Asia Pacific – 42%, South America and Middle East & Africa – 8%
3M Company (US), Medtronic Plc (Ireland), Nitto Denko Corporation (Japan), Johnson & Johnson (US), Smith & Nephew Plc (UK), Nichiban Co., Ltd. (Japan), PAUL HARTMANN AG (Germany), and Avery Dennison Corporation (US) are the key players operating in the medical adhesive tapes market.
This report provides a detailed segmentation of the medical adhesive tapes market on the basis of resin type, backing material, application, and region. With respect to resin type, the market has been segmented into acrylic, silicone, and rubber medical adhesive tapes. Based on backing material, the market has been segmented into chemical, paper, fabric, plastic, and others. Based on application, the market has been segmented into surgeries, wound dressings, secure IV lines, splints, and ostomy seals. Based on region, the market has been segmented into Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, South America, and Middle East & Africa.
Reasons to Buy the Report
From an insight perspective, this research report has focused on various levels of analyses—industry analysis (industry trends), competitive landscape analysis of top players in the medical adhesive tapes market, and company profiles. These insights together comprise and discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape, emerging and high-growth segments of the medical adhesive tapes market, high-growth regions, and market drivers, opportunities, and challenges.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on medical adhesive tapes offered by the top players in the medical adhesive tapes market
- Product Development/Innovations: Detailed insights on the upcoming technologies, research & development activities, and new product launches in the medical adhesive tapes market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets – the report analyzes the market for medical adhesive tapes across varied regions
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the medical adhesive tapes market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of leading players in the medical adhesive tapes market
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001