NEW YORK, Dec. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
New Product Formulation is Expected to Generate Growth Opportunities
This Market Insight provides a qualitative analysis of the opportunities for specialty ingredients in the global moist wound care market. An overview of the specialty moist wound care ingredients market, market drivers and restraints, and demand analysis have been provided. Topics also include volume and revenue forecasts, trends by synthetic and natural ingredients, an overview of emerging areas of innovation, and competitive analyses. There is also an analysis of the market by geographic regions, which include North America, Europe, and Asia and the Rest of the World.
• The moist wound care specialty ingredients market is expected to grow at a CAGR of X% between 2012 and 2017.
• This growth is primarily fuelled by the sustained demand for moist wound care products, due to factors such as an increasing focus on speedy healing and an increasing patient population.
• The growth of the market is sustained by the continuous need for wound care products, which is driven by the need for faster healing and reduced hospital costs.
• Moist wound care dressings are also facing competition from alternatives, such as antimicrobials and negative pressure wound therapy (NPWT). This is expected to act as a restraint for the market.
• Additionally, selected moist wound care dressing designs are used to support NPWT, while some can be combined with antimicrobials, making them complementary to these alternative therapies.
• Despite competition from NPWT and antimicrobials, wound dressings continue to be preferred for the initial treatment of chronic wounds. This preference for wound dressings will continue to sustain growth during the forecast period.
• This study covers only the ingredients, both synthetic and natural, which are used for advanced moist wound dressing products.
• Europe is the leading regional market due to the preference for moist wound dressings among the various advanced wound care products.
• Both Europe and North America are expected to register mature growth rates during the forecast period; meanwhile Asia and the Rest of the World (ROW), are expected to post relatively higher growth rates than North America or Europe during the forecast period. This is primarily due to the growing healthcare sector and scope for penetration in Asia and the ROW.
• Regarding ingredients, polyurethane, polyacrylates, and cellulosics dominate the market because of price advantages.
• Growth of other ingredients will depend primarily on price and new technology/product developments.
• There are many ingredients in the research phase, however, growth of these ingredients will be heavily influenced by pricing.
Moist Wound Care Market—Product Segmentation
Moist Wound Dressings
• Alginate Dressings
• Hydrocolloid Dressings
• Hydrogel Dressings
• Foam Dressings
• Film Dressings
• Moist wound dressings account for the highest revenue share in the advanced wound care market.
• Although there is a movement towards NPWT, moist wound care dressings will continue to be the dominant type due to cost effectiveness.
• The demand for moist wound care products will be sustained by population growth and the preference for the initial treatment of chronic wounds.
• Under moist wound dressings, foams and hydrocolloids dominate the market due to their high absorbency of wound exudates.
• Generally, foam dressings are made of polyurethane.
• They are used for moderate to high wound exudates.
• Hydrocolloid dressings are self-adhesive, rubber-based products used for low to moderately exuding wounds.
• Hydrogels are used for cleansing and debriding necrotic tissues in wounds.
• Alginates are non-woven wound dressings that form hydrophilic gels with the wound exudate.
• Alginates can also be used for bleeding wounds given their hemostatic properties.
• Transparent film dressings are polyurethane thin-film, semi-permeable membranes, thus allowing water vapor and oxygen to pass through them and enabling fast healing.
Advanced Wound Care Market—Percent Revenue by Region
• The United States is the most lucrative market for companies because of favorable factors such as greater awareness, more trained wound specialists, a higher burden of chronic diseases, and better interaction with manufacturers.
• Lower reimbursement in Europe pressures pricing and impairs usage overall.
• Production issues, including transport and storage capabilities for products, limit the number of facilities in emerging regions that can be targeted.
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 4
Introduction to the Moist Wound Care Market 8
Market Overview 14
Total Moist Wound Care Specialty Ingredients Market -
• External Challenges: Market Drivers and Restraints 18
• Forecast and Trends 29
• Market Share and Competitive Analysis 40
Natural Ingredients Segment 44
Synthetic Ingredients Segment 65
Emerging Areas of Innovation 77
The Frost & Sullivan Story 86
To order this report: Moist Wound Care Specialty Ingredients Market
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001