SAN JOSE, Calif., Aug. 4, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Cadence Design Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: CDNS) today announced the Cadence® Joules™ RTL Power Solution. This new register-transfer level (RTL) power analysis solution enables system-on-chip (SoC) design teams to analyze power consumption accurately during design exploration. Built on a multi-threaded architecture, the Joules RTL Power Solution delivers 20X faster time-based RTL power analysis when compared to other methods.
Incorporating rapid prototype technology from the Cadence Genus™ Synthesis Solution engine, the Joules RTL Power Solution can analyze designs of up to 20 million instances overnight with gate-level accuracy within 15 percent of final power as signed off in the Cadence Voltus™ IC Power Integrity Solution. In addition, the Joules RTL Power Solution integrates seamlessly with the Cadence Palladium® emulation platform and the Stratus™ High-Level Synthesis (HLS) platform for early system-level power analysis and optimization.
For more information on the Joules RTL Power Solution, visit http://www.cadence.com/news/joules.
Key highlights of the Joules RTL Power Solution include:
- Accurate RTL power estimation—The Joules RTL Power Solution performs an ultra-fast design synthesis using a new integrated prototype mode of the Genus Synthesis Solution, including physically aware clock tree and datapath buffering, and enabling accurate RTL power estimation.
- Multi-threaded frame-based architecture—Power analysis is parallelized across multiple CPUs accelerating in-depth power exploration. Multiple stimulus files can be analyzed simultaneously and each stimulus file can be time-sliced into frames to enable time-based power reporting.
- Adjustable power analysis resolution—User-selectable frames can be used to zoom in on power-critical periods of the simulation, and multiple stimuli for different design hierarchies can be merged to mimic full SoC traffic and power consumption. This enables design teams to easily analyze critical power problems.
- Advanced data mining and debug—Power can be reported at the bit level or register level and may be categorized based on logic cell type, design hierarchy, clock domain, power domain or timing mode. A rich suite of library analysis and profiling tools is also included.
- Early system-level power analysis—The Joules RTL Power Solution can be used within the Palladium Dynamic Power Analysis for more accurate time-based power calculations. This provides enhanced production-correlated peak and average power analysis, enabling design teams to analyze system power of software running on hardware early in the development cycle. The Joules RTL Power Solution is also integrated with the Stratus HLS platform for earlier and more accurate power estimates, enabling IP teams to better evaluate system-level micro-architectural tradeoffs.
"We see a significant opportunity to improve the capacity and accuracy of power analysis during system-level design exploration," said Dr. Anirudh Devgan, senior vice president and general manager of the Digital and Signoff Group at Cadence. "The Joules RTL Power Solution combines the strength of our production implementation flow with parallel stimulation file processing to offer a power analysis solution that is fast enough for system-level analysis, yet correlates well to signoff results."
Cadence enables global electronic design innovation and plays an essential role in the creation of today's integrated circuits and electronics. Customers use Cadence software, hardware, IP, and services to design and verify advanced semiconductors, consumer electronics, networking and telecommunications equipment, and computer systems. The company is headquartered in San Jose, Calif., with sales offices, design centers, and research facilities around the world to serve the global electronics industry. More information about the company, its products, and services is available at www.cadence.com.
© 2015 Cadence Design Systems, Inc. All rights reserved worldwide. Cadence, the Cadence logo, and Palladium are registered trademarks and Genus, Joules, Stratus, and Voltus are trademarks of Cadence Design Systems, Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For more information, please contact: Cadence Newsroom 408-944-7039 email@example.com
SOURCE Cadence Design Systems, Inc.