SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., Dec. 14 /PRNewswire/ -- According to new research from Compass Intelligence, big ICT vendors are starting to "get" Small and Mid-Sized Business customers online. Compass' latest rankings of ICT vendors' capability to build relationships with Small and Mid-sized (SMB) customers online shows this. From Microsoft to Dell, the top vendors are using multimedia and interactive learning experiences to build relationships with these highly sought-after customers. Compass Intelligence's primary research shows that SMBs rely on the Internet to guide their technology purchasing decisions (for home and office) - thus Web channels are a MUST have. Additionally, Compass Intelligence research shows that SMB decision-makers expect their businesses to grow in 2010 and believe in the value of investing in high-tech now.
"We estimate that SMBs represent more than $300 Billion in ICT spending - including telecom, computer systems and personnel. This BIG number is expected to grow between 5% and 8% over the next five years, making the SMB market one of the last, best growth opportunities for ICT vendors in the long-term," says Kneko Burney, Chief Strategist of Compass Intelligence. Mrs. Burney adds, "With a surge in ICT spending expected from this market and others in 1Q 2010, building effective web channels now means garnering profitable and potentially fast-growing revenue from this segment in the not-so-distant future."
Compass Intelligence's research endeavors to shed light on the best practices used to reach and engage SMB customers online. Published twice yearly, this research evaluates and scores the non-sales/service experience that vendors provide to these unique customers online. For more about this topic:
- Free Video and Summary (registration required): http://tinyurl.com/y9spjt3
- Our latest SMB Online Experience report: http://tinyurl.com/y9jgh22
- Top ranked vendors: Microsoft, AT&T, Cisco, HP, IBM and Dell.
- Microsoft rises to the challenge - Offering one of the most powerful and tailored suites of online capabilities for BOTH small and mid-sized businesses, Microsoft leads with multimedia learning experiences, vertical industry segmentation and solution-oriented content, among other things.
- "Upping the Ante" - More companies invested in and redesigned their online presence for one or both of these two segments in 2009 than in previous years we've done this research.
About Compass Intelligence
Compass Intelligence, a consulting and market research firm, specializes in segment and vertical market intelligence for the high-tech and telecom industries; and offers clients a tailored research experience through excellent customer support. Compass Intelligence provides subscriptions and research reports, insight videos, forecasts, competitive analysis, market data and expert recommendations on multiple markets. Find us on http://www.compassintelligence.com or follow us on Twitter (CompassIntel).
For Interviews or Other Requests Kneko Burney President & Chief Strategist email@example.com Heather Taylor Marketing & Press Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Compass Intelligence