SAN DIEGO, Aug. 4, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Garlic Shaker Inc., a startup, announced today its innovative device, Garlic Shaker®, a kitchen gadget that peels garlic skin off an entire head in seconds, is now available for presale through a Kickstarter campaign.
To fund the production of this uniquely designed, time, and aggravation saving, garlic peeler "The Shake It Up" campaign, will run from August 4 to September 21, 2015.
By backing early through Kickstarter, customers receive rewards and discounts the general public will not receive. There is a $15 Early Bird special for the first 150 backers which is $10 off the full retail price. The $50, $75, $100 and $150 levels receive big price discounts for gift boxes.
Higher backer levels receive exclusive autographed rewards, professional cooking lessons, and get to privately dine with "Survivor" TV celebrity Jerri Manthey.
All rewards levels receive a full color digital downloadable garlic cookbook with over 125 exclusive recipes, including a signature recipe by five-star Chef Joran "Dutch" Bouwman.
To see the Garlic Shaker in action, see the video at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/garlicshaker/garlic-shaker-simply-the-best-way-to-peel-garlic
Before, chefs and home cooks had to use slow, inefficient, unhealthy, smelly, dangerous methods to peel garlic, but now, with the Garlic Shaker® you simply break apart an entire head of garlic, separate the cloves, and put them into the Garlic Shaker. Close it. Shake it up for 10-30 seconds, and bam! An entire head of garlic is peeled and ready for roasting, grilling or sautéing.
"The secret is simple physics. Inside are spiral rings that vibrate the garlic before it hits each end popping off the skin," said co-founder Matthew Ramos, a former music business executive who has worked with many national recording artists.
Garlic Shaker has two lids, one on each end, for easy cleaning by hand or in the dishwasher. It is hour-glass shaped and fast becoming the next must-have device for commercial and consumer kitchens.
"Our modestly priced garlic peeler looks more like a device designed by Apple than a kitchen gadget. We are changing the way people peel garlic by shaking it up," Ramos said.
"Cooks have disliked peeling garlic forever. Garlic Shaker turns the tedious task of hand peeling garlic into a fun and playful activity," said co-founder Adam Wagner former event designer for Apple and art director for MTV.
Designed for home cooks as well as professional chefs, Garlic Shaker takes the drudgery out of garlic peeling -- whether one clove or dozens -- quickly and easily.
"It's functional with no distracting gimmicks," Ramos said. "We've conducted numerous tests on weight, durability and maneuverability to ensure it exceeds customers' expectations for how to peel garlic safely."
Garlic Shaker is artistically crafted in five designer shades of red, white, blue, black and silver.
Garlic Shaker is 9-inches high, 3.5-inches long, and 3 inches wide. It weighs 9 ounces. It has a patent-pending ergonomic design with multiple impact points to remove garlic skins.
- "Garlic Shaker is like meeting a new friend and wondering how you ever got along without them," said celebrity Chef Alan Lake who has cooked for Bono, George Harrison and Madonna.
- "What a stunning looking garlic peeler. I've always disliked peeling garlic. Now I don't have to because I can just shake it!" Carlos Salomon, owner of Cosecha Cafe in Oakland.
- Garlic Shaker will be in the celebrity gift suite for the Oscars, Emmys and Grammys for 2016.
Sales and Marketing
According to Ramos and Wagner:
- "People are a lot more excited than we really expected." "We've had significant numbers of people write and call demanding we sell them a Garlic Shaker," says Ramos.
- "22,000 people have signed up for a Garlic Shaker when it becomes available on Kickstarter," says Wagner.
- "We have more than 100,000 followers on social media actively engaging with us in advance of manufacturing," says Ramos.
- They've been asked to sell Garlic Shaker on, Amazon, Wishbox, Touch of Modern, Price Falls, British GQ, and Publisher's Clearing House.
Production and Design
- "Garlic Shaker is 100% Made in America," states Ramos proudly.
- "The right pattern for optimizing the peeling action took three years and eight prototypes," says Wagner.
- Eric Fairbanks, award-winning consumer product designer for Oakley, and professor of design at Advanced Technology and Education, designed and engineered the Garlic Shaker.
- Garlic Shaker is patent pending for design, utility and in 90 foreign countries.
About Garlic Shaker:
Founded in 2012, by Matthew Ramos and Adam Wagner, the company is headquartered in San Diego, California.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/no-more-smelly-hands-garlic-shaker-inc-launches-kickstarter-campaign-for-first-ever-optimized-garlic-peeler-300123358.html
SOURCE Garlic Shaker Inc.