VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Aug. 12, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- NuData Security announced today it has been recognized in five Gartner Hype Cycle reports, including: "Hype Cycle for Data Security, 2015,1" "Hype Cycle for Application Security, 2015,2" "Hype Cycle for Digital Commerce, 2015,3" "Hype Cycle for Identity and Access Management Technologies, 2015,4" and "Hype Cycle for Cloud Security, 2015.5" Additional information on NuDetect, NuData Security's online fraud detection solution, is available at: http://nudatasecurity.com/nudetect/
In the Hype Cycle for Identity and Access Management Technologies,4 Gartner gave high-assurance public identity providers a benefit rating of "High" and identified specific benefits of this type of service, including:
- The potential for leveraging established end-user credentials and other identity attributes to minimize friction during registration and authentication.
- The ability to eliminate do-it-yourself approaches for relying parties' manual and individual identity-proofing and administration tasks that are redundant across peer enterprises that perform these same tasks.
- The potential to use reliable, readily available and lower-cost identity assurance services for high-risk transactions.
NuData Security predicts and prevents online fraud through:
- Constant monitoring and analysis: Behavioral analysis is leveraged to predict online fraud, protecting businesses from brand damage and financial loss caused by fraudulent or malicious acts.
- Collaborative security approach: By combining real-time data from its NuDetect Behavioral Machine Learning Engine with the collaborative information of its NuDetect Behavioral Intelligence Network, fraud is stopped earlier, faster and more accurately.
Avivah Litan, VP Distinguished Analyst, Gartner, said: "Fraud detection protects customer and enterprise information, assets, accounts and transactions through real-time, near-real-time or batch analysis of activities by users and other defined entities (such as kiosks). It uses background server-based processes that examine users' and other defined entities' access and behavior patterns and optimally compares this information to a profile of what's expected. Fraud detection is not intrusive to a user unless the user's activity is suspect.2"
Michel Giasson, CEO, NuData Security, said: "Hackers continue to trump advanced authentication systems, thereby strengthening the need for passive fraud detection systems that can spot transaction anomalies after user authentication. Gartner's findings validate the importance of truly understanding users to create identity profiles that can pinpoint fraudulent activity. By leveraging user behavioral analytics, NuData Security is able to predict and detect online fraud before it causes financial and brand damage."
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
About NuData Security
NuData Security predicts and prevents online fraud, protecting businesses from brand damage and financial loss caused by fraudulent or malicious attacks. NuData Security analyzes and scores billions of users per year and services some of the largest ecommerce and Web properties around the globe. Additional information is available at: http://nudatasecurity.com/
1 Gartner, Inc. "Hype Cycle for Data Security, 2015" by Brian Lowans, July 21, 2015
2 Gartner, Inc. "Hype Cycle for Application Security, 2015" by Joseph Feiman, July 9, 2015
3 Gartner, Inc. "Hype Cycle for Digital Commerce, 2015" by Jason Daigler, July 27, 2015
4 Gartner, Inc. "Hype Cycle for Identity and Access Management Technologies, 2015" by Gregg Kreizman, July 6, 2015
5 Gartner, Inc. "Hype Cycle for Cloud Security, 2015" by Jay Heiser, July 17, 2015
Nadel Phelan, Inc.
SOURCE NuData Security