NEW YORK, Jan. 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
The security industry has been touched by several important trends, some of which are important across business services markets with others being related to even broader trends. These include:
- Application of new technology such as CCTV and consequent reengineering of services
- Growth of integrated FM contracts
- Government spending cuts and outsourcing of services such as prisons and policing support to achieve savings
- Increase in levels of security in airports and other sensitive locations
- Growth of internet retailing and impact on the high street
This market report reviews the provision of outsourced security guarding services in the UK. We quantify the market size, historical growth rates, segmentation patterns and levels of industry profitability while reviewing key factors behind these figures. We also carry out an in-depth analysis of the relevant drivers of industry growth – in particular trends in prisons and policing, air travel, retailing and development / deployment of CCTV and other security technologies – setting out historical trends and available forecasts. Our forecast for industry growth by segment is based on this analysis of historical trends and our understanding of growth drivers.
In assessing the prospects of the market, it is important to think through what each of these trends means for the security industry and see how, and by how much, it may change in the light of them. That is the main objective of this report.
Who is it intended for?
Manufacturers of security equipment
Purchasers of security
Facilities management groups
Governments and regulatory bodies
What are the sources and methodology?This report is based on:
- Interviews with senior-level contacts across the high-cost credit market- Extensive research into published industry sources- In-depth analysis of the macroeconomic environment and relevant market drivers- Financial analysis of the accounts of companies in the industry- Our own experience of advising both companies and investors in security businesses and other business services areas.
Information from these sources has been synthesised and presented clearly and concisely with extensive use of charts and tables to illuminate points and support conclusions.
Market forecasts have been constructed using simple assumptions which are clearly stated. Supporting evidence is provided for our assumptions but readers can easily flex them to model alternative scenarios.The UK security guarding services market- Market definition- Regulation- Customers
Market size and growth
Market drivers- Discussion of drivers- Drivers and their impact:- Macroeconomic factors- Crime rates- Retail sales- Air travel- Prison and custodial services outsourcing- Police outsourcing- Pricing- Impact of the Olympics
- Bundling and IFM packages
- Adoption of technology (eg CCTV)
Competitive landscape- Comparison of leading companies- Profiles
- Key drivers forecast
- Security market forecast
- Risks to the forecast
MITIE Total Security Management UK
Securitas Security Service (UK)
Vision Security Group
Advance Security UK
Corps of Commissionaires Management
The Shield Guarding Company
TSS Total Security Services
Ultimate Security Services
Axis Security Service
First Security (Guards)
Carlisle Security Services
CIS Security Services
To order this report:: Outsourced Security Guarding Services: UK Market Profile and Forecasts
Intl: +1 805-652-2626