VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Sept. 28 /PRNewswire/ -- The Pacific Booker Minerals Inc .(NYSE Amex: PBM), (CDNX: BKM.V) announces that it has filed its Response to the Notice of Civil Claim served by the Plaintiff, Rescan Environmental Services Ltd. (Rescan) on August 24, 2010. The claim stemmed from Rescan's demand for payment of $191,997.54 in outstanding invoices on the Morrison Copper/Gold Project, which the Company disputes.
On May 12, 2006, the Company entered into a contract with Rescan to provide professional services and prepare an Application for an Environmental Assessment Certificate (the Application). The Application was submitted to the British Columbia Environmental Assessment Office (BCEAO) on September 29, 2009 and was subsequently rejected as it contained a number of significant deficiencies. The Company prepared an Addendum to the Application which was submitted to the BCEAO on May 27, 2010 and subsequently accepted for Review on July 12, 2010.
The Company also filed a Counterclaim against Rescan seeking damages for professional negligence and breach of contract. The Company claims:
- Rescan breached the terms of the Consulting Services Agreement,
- Rescan breached the duty of care it owed to the Company,
- Rescan made misrepresentations regarding the Project Budget and Schedule,
- As a result of the breach of contract, the breach of the duty of care and the misrepresentations of Rescan, the Company suffered damages, and
- PBM is entitled to the Project Documents pursuant to the Agreement.
If you would like to be added to our email newsgroup, please send your request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To view more information regarding Pacific Booker Minerals Inc. and to view our 3D animation of the Morrison ore body (including open pit and drill holes), please visit our website home page and reports section at www.pacificbooker.com.
Gregory R. Anderson
Director, CEO and President
SOURCE Pacific Booker Minerals Inc.