HOLLYWOOD, Calif., Aug 4, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Paul Oakenfold, widely known as "The Godfather of Electronic Music," is laying down roots at The Los Angeles Recording School this September 24-28, and dedicating his future to cultivating the next generation of Electronic Music DJs & Producers for some of the world's most sought after residencies in Las Vegas, Asia, London, and Los Angeles through an intensive five-day DJ CAMP (THEDJCAMP.COM) he is putting his name on.
Designed specifically by Oakenfold, his acclaimed industry friends, and The Electronic Music Academy this "Top Gun Business Training for DJs and Producers" will deliver inside, never-shared-before access to production secrets, creative brand-building, and all forms of online monetization for those eager to scale quickly in careers in the EDM space and stay relevant.
"Paul Oakenfold's DJ Camp" is for both the budding artist who wants to kick-start his or her career or the industry professional who wants to multiply their earnings exponentially under Oakenfold's guidance and tutelage. The instructor lineup includes the following from the world of Electronic Music:
- Paul Oakenfold, considered one of the greatest DJ/Producers in the world, shares his legendary career, from his beginnings in the UK music business, to his phenomenal producing and soundtrack success all over the world.
- Jon Pleeter brings 20 years of music artist representation experience as Vice President of Concerts & Festivals at International Creative Management. Pleeter began as an agent at CAA where he represented EDM pioneers such as Daft Punk.
- Jeff "Retro" Hill is the resident DJ at Hakkasan Nightclub, Las Vegas, considered the top nightclub in North America, and also holds residencies at WET Republic Ultra Pool and the newly opened Omnia Nightclub at Caesars Palace. He's opened for some of the most prominent DJs in the world, including Tiesto, Calvin Harris, Armin van Buuren, Benny Benassi and David Guetta.
- Matt Meyer joined AM Only as a talent agent in 2012, where he represents a wide range of artists including Cash Cash, Cosmic Gate, Haywyre, Halsey, Krewella, Sam Feldt, Tritonal, and Whilk & Misky.
- Dave Audé, a Grammy nominee, is responsible for official remixes of U2, Madonna, Sting, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Ke$ha, Puff Daddy, Rihanna, Jennifer Lopez, Depeche Mode, Coldplay, Beyoncé, Chris Brown, Korn and more, who have entrusted Dave to transform their hits into dance tracks. He has created an unprecedented 95 No. 1 Billboard tracks.
- Jason Kadlec is a music marketing expert who helped establish the Los Angeles-based digital music companies, INgrooves, Fontana and Topspin. Kadlec has spent years managing websites and online marketing for electronic music artists including Bassnectar, Amon Tobin and EDM festivals such as Bass Camp.
- Joe Carlone is a leading entertainment attorney whose clients include a broad range of recording artists, record producers, songwriters and composers.
- Daniel Mendoza is the Manager of Content Development at The Recording Academy. Daniel was a driving force behind the introduction of electronic music to The Grammys.
- Nelly Neben is the co-managing director of Axis Artists Management Inc. She has a vast background in concert promotion and artist management with Weintraub Entertainment Group.
- Steve Baltin is a lead writer/contributor for Rolling Stone Magazine and has interviewed some of the world's top DJ/Producers.
In addition to receiving exclusive access to the top electronic music industry leaders at The Los Angeles Recording School, located in the heart of Hollywood on the corner of Sunset and Vine, all attendees will learn: The Art of the Mix (DJ'ing 101), In-studio Production (Breaking it down), Publishing, Licensing, Marketing, Social Media, Radio and Agents and Management. Attendees will also be exclusive studio guests at the taping of SKEE TV at The Ivar Theatre for Fuse TV on Monday, September 28, 2015.
"This is a great opportunity for me to give back to the electronic music community and to take the time to teach and mentor students who have an interest in an industry that I've so proudly been a part of all these years. For me, the chance to make a difference in the careers of budding new artists is something I've always wanted to do, and providing this education is truly a dream for me," says Oakenfold. "The Los Angeles Recording School is an ideal location in the heart of Hollywood, with a faculty whose goal to empower the next generation of entertainment industry professionals is in line with our own."
"We are very excited to work with Paul to offer such an opportunity to those who are passionate about a career in electronic music. It's a real-world introduction to the industry by the very people driving it. Our campus, here in the center of the industry in Hollywood, has the recording studios and venues perfect for hosting this event," says Andrew Mackenzie, Director of Audio Programs at The Los Angeles Recording School.
Paul Oakenfold's DJ Camp takes place on campus at The Los Angeles Recording School, a division of The Los Angeles Film School, located in the heart of Hollywood at the historic RCA Building on 6363 Sunset Boulevard.
This venerable location has been home to recording studios used by legendary artists such as Elvis Presley, The Rolling Stones, and Henry Mancini. Events will also be held in the school's recently renovated, historic Ivar Theatre, a facility that doubles as a live-sound training haven for The Los Angeles Recording School's Recording Arts students and currently serves as the home for DJ SKEE's Fuse TV show SKEE TV. The Los Angeles Film School is an accredited, VA-approved higher education institution that offers career-focused Bachelor and Associate of Science degrees in Entertainment Business, Animation & VFX, Game Production & Design, Music Production, Recording Arts, and Film.
The $1,500 tuition for "DJ Camp" includes five full days of classroom-style seminars and instruction, daily breakfast and lunch, lectures, small group break-outs, in-studio demonstrations and one-on-one interaction with electronic music industry leaders. Students enrolled in "DJ Camp" who subsequently enroll in a degree program at The Los Angeles Recording School will also be eligible for special rates and discounts on their tuition. Additionally, all students enrolled in "DJ Camp" will be eligible to win a spot on the line-up for Bass Camp Festival in Lake Tahoe by submitting their original remix to the judges the week of "DJ Camp."
The program is designed for adults 18+, unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. To allow for an intimate learning experience and interaction with the instructors space is limited. For more information and to sign-up, please go to THEDJCAMP.COM.
About The Los Angeles Recording School
The Los Angeles Recording School (LARS), a division of The Los Angeles Film School, was founded in 1985 and is located on Sunset Boulevard in Hollywood. The private post-secondary educational institution teaches its students all aspects of music production and recording arts in both instructional and hands-on lab environments. The 33,000-square-foot building where the school resides is equipped with over 20 studios and labs featuring industry standard Pro Tools HD systems, Solid State Logic and Neve large format mixing consoles. LARS also serves as a Pro Tools Certified Training Location by offering its students a Pro Tools certification program.
The college's campus includes the restoration of the historical Ivar Theatre, a 6000-square-foot venue offering a live performance stage and expansive production spaces. The Ivar attracts industry showcases, private events and prominent artist performances, and is the home to the newest live-sound training component for students of The Los Angeles Recording School's Recording Arts program. Its faculty is comprised of professional recording engineers and music producers who teach a full range of audio engineering and music production skills such as: recording, mixing and optimizing audio for music, movies, television, computer games and the Internet. Graduate credits include GRAMMY awards and nominations, engineering multi-platinum albums, placing the final touches on theatrical releases and working with top musical artists such as: Black Eyed Peas, Mary J. Blige, Coldplay, Sheryl Crow, Eminem, Shakira, Seal, Justin Timberlake and Kanye West, to name a few. For more information about LARS, please visit LARecordingSchool.com
About the Electronic Music Academy:
Paul Oakenfold's impact on the electronic music industry is inestimable. For over three decades he has elevated and shaped an entire genre and remains a leading force in the global music scene today. The Electronic Music Academy was co-founded by Oakenfold and Founder of Bass Camp Music Festival Paul Reder, who brings over 30 years of event, festival, and booking experience to the Academy.
SOURCE The Los Angeles Recording School