NEW YORK, Aug. 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
PharmSource - Contract Dose Manufacturing Industry by the Numbers: Composition, Size, Market Share and Outlook - 2017 Edition
Contract Dose Manufacturing universe, for purposes of this report, includes companies that actively promote themselves as contract manufacturers (CMOs) that produce a client's formulation for pharmaceuticals supplied to the highly-regulated markets in North America, Europe and Japan. Contract dose manufacturing universe includes 282 companies headquartered primarily in North America, Europe, Japan and India. One hundred and eighty-one companies (64%) pursue contract manufacturing as their primary business, while the remainder (36%) contract manufacture in facilities where they produce their own products.
Size of the dose CMO market in 2016 was $19.3 billion, a 4.0% increase from 2015. Organic growth, i.e., without the impact of acquisitions of facili¬ties from bio/ pharmaceutical companies, was 3.2%. Industry growth was also negatively impacted by facility remediation at Ferentino (Patheon) and Beinheim (Catalent). Standard dose products including solid dose, semisolid and non-injectable liquids, accounted for 51% of the market in 2016. Injectables accounted for 28% and specialty dose forms, including softgels, transdermal and blow-fill-seal, accounted for 21%.
From 2010-2014 the CMO sector grew at twice the rate of the bio/pharmaceu¬tical sector in mature markets including North America, Europe and Japan. Industry analysts expect that annual growth of the mature bio/pharmaceutical sector will be in the 2.5-3.5% range through 2019. PharmSource expects the CMO industry growth to continue to slow relative to overall industry growth despite the significant increase in New Active Substances launched from 2014 onwards. We see this primarily as a consequence of a decline in unit volume per product, while outsourcing pro¬pensity has remained stable for a decade.
The report "PharmSource - Contract Dose Manufacturing Industry by the Numbers: Composition, Size, Market Share and Outlook - 2017 Edition" provides an important expert quantitative analysis on the contract dose manufacturing industry. PharmSource is the most definitive, trustworthy source of strategic insight on this topic in the bio/pharmaceutical realm. Moreover, this report includes an Executive Summary and chapters on Industry Size and Structure, Industry Size and Growth, CMO Market Shares and concludes with a chapter on The Outlook for the Dose CMO Industry, which provides further analysis and assesses the report's implications for the dose CMO industry. In addition, it includes an appendix on methodology.
- This report characterizes the contract dose manufacturing industry along a number of quantitative dimensions, including number and type of participants, market size and market shares of the top CMOs, and provides PharmSource's expert outlook for the industry.
- The contract dose manufacturing universe, for purposes of this report, includes companies that actively promote themselves as contract manufacturers (CMOs) that produce a client's formulations for pharmaceuticals supplied to the highly regulated markets in North America, Europe and Japan.
- The report defines the contract dose manufacturing universe as including 282 companies headquartered primarily in North America, Europe, Japan and India.
Reasons to buy
The expertise and skilled analysis in this 29-page report gives important insight you won't find in any other source.
This report is required reading for -
- CMO executives and strategic decision-makers: you'll find this report an indispensable resource for understanding the industry and a critical input for strategic planning efforts.
- Sourcing and procurement executives in bio/pharmaceutical companies: you'll find the report a critical resource for understanding crucial components of the supply base that will provide insights for supplier selection and management.
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001