NEW YORK, August 6, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
ACI Association has initiated research coverage on Solazyme, Inc. (NASDAQ: SZYM). Select highlights from the internally released reports are being made available to the general public (included below), with access to the entirety of the research available to new members.
Today, membership is open to readers on a complementary basis at the following URL: http://www.aciassociation.com/?c=SZYM
Highlights from our SZYM Report include:
- First Commercial Microalgae-Derived Betaine Surfactant Hits Market - In a press release dated July 28, 2015, Solazyme, Inc., reported that along with its partner BASF, it has launched the first commercial surfactant derived from microalgae oil, a high performance algal betaine for use in home and personal care applications. Algal betaine, a betaine surfactant made from renewable microalgae oil, is commercialized by BASF under the trade name Dehyton® AO 45.
- A Substitute to Amidopropyl Betaine - The Company stated that Dehyton® AO 45 is a superior alternative to amidopropyl betaine in products such as shampoos, liquid soaps, hand dishwashing liquids, and other applications which require rich and gentle foam. As per the release, amidopropyl betaines are amphoteric surfactants increasingly used in cosmetic, toiletry and home care applications due to their vast benefits. Amidopropyl betaines demonstrate good detergency, good foam properties and foam stabilization, hard water compatibility, mildness to skin and hair, ability to reduce irritation of anionic systems, viscosity building, conditioning effect, stability at a broad range of pH, and excellent biodegradability.
- Advanced Production Process - Dehyton® AO 45 is produced with Solazyme AlgaPūr™ Microalgae Oils, which are produced within few days, utilizing Solazyme's technological expertise. Additionally, AlgaPūr oils are produced using a highly controlled fermentation process, converting sugarcane into oils with high purity and efficiency and low carbon, water and land use impact.
- Management Commentary - Highlighting the growing demand for surfactants, Josef Koester, Director Marketing Home and Personal Care, Sustainability Care Chemicals, BASF North America, stated that there has been a significant increase in consumer demand for sustainable and innovative surfactants, predominantly in the home and personal care markets. He further added that coupling BASF's chemistry expertise with Solazyme's unique range of renewable microalgae oils will result in products that meet this demand.
- Renewable Fuel Agreement with UPS - In another press release dated July 29, 2015, Solazyme reported that the Company, along with Neste, Renewable Energy Group, entered into agreements with UPS to supply renewable diesel to enable UPS's shift to move more than 12% of its purchased ground fuel from conventional diesel and gasoline fuel to alternative fuels by the end of 2017. As per the release, the agreements include 46 million gallons of renewable fuels over the next three years.
To find out how this influences our rating on Solazyme, Inc., read the full report in its entirety here: http://www.aciassociation.com/?c=SZYM
About ACI Association:
Active Charter Investors Association ("ACI Association") produces regular sponsored and non-sponsored reports, articles, stock market blogs, and popular investment newsletters covering equities listed on NYSE and NASDAQ and micro-cap stocks. ACI Association has two distinct and independent departments. One department produces non-sponsored analyst certified content generally in the form of press releases, articles and reports covering equities listed on NYSE and NASDAQ and the other produces sponsored content (in most cases not reviewed by a registered analyst), which typically consists of compensated investment newsletters, articles and reports covering listed stocks and micro-caps. Such sponsored content is outside the scope of procedures detailed below.
ACI Association has not been compensated; directly or indirectly; for producing or publishing this document.
PRESS RELEASE PROCEDURES:
The non-sponsored content contained herein has been prepared by a writer (the "Author") and is fact checked and reviewed by a third party research service company (the "Reviewer"). Rohit Tuli, a CFA® charter holder (the "CFA®"), provides necessary guidance in preparing the document templates. The Reviewer has reviewed and revised the content, as necessary, based on sound investment judgment and publicly available information which is believed to be reliable. The Reviewer and the CFA® have not performed any independent investigations or forensic audits to validate the information herein. Unless otherwise noted, any content outside of this document has no association with the Author, the Reviewer, or the CFA® (collectively referred to as the "Production Team") in any way. The Production Team is compensated on a fixed monthly basis and do not hold any positions of interest in any of the securities mentioned herein.
ACI Association, the Author, the Reviewer and the CFA® (collectively referred to as the "Publishers") are not responsible for any error which may be occasioned at the time of printing of this document or any error, mistake or shortcoming. No liability is accepted by the Publishers whatsoever for any direct, indirect or consequential loss arising from the use of this document. The Publishers expressly disclaim any fiduciary responsibility or liability for any consequences, financial or otherwise arising from any reliance placed on the information in this document. Additionally, the Publishers do not (1) guarantee the accuracy, timeliness, completeness or correct sequencing of the information, or (2) warrant any results from use of the information. The included information is subject to change without notice.
NOT AN OFFERING
This document is not intended as an offering, recommendation, or a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell the securities mentioned or discussed, and is to be used for informational purposes only. Please read all associated disclosures and disclaimers in full before investing. Neither ACI Association nor any party affiliated with us is a registered investment adviser or broker-dealer with any agency or in any jurisdiction whatsoever. To download our report(s), read our disclosures, or for more information, visit http://www.aciassociation.com/.
ACI Association is not available to residents of Belarus, Cuba, Canada, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria or Somalia. Do not send email to robottrap (at) aciassociation.com.
CFA® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are registered trademarks owned by CFA Institute.