NEW YORK, August 6, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
ACI Association has initiated research coverage on Dynamic Materials Corporation (NASDAQ: BOOM). Select highlights from the internally released reports are being made available to the general public (included below), with access to the entirety of the research available to new members.
Today, membership is open to readers on a complementary basis at the following URL: http://www.aciassociation.com/?c=BOOM
Highlights from our BOOM Report include:
- Top-line Performance Review - On July 28, 2015, Dynamic Materials Corporation (DMC) published consolidated results for the three and six months ended June 30, 2015. Beating the management's estimates for a 15-20% year-over-year decline, sales declined 14% to $44.7 million in Q2 2015. The Company stated that approximately $3.9 million of the $7.2 million sales decline was related to unfavorable foreign currency exchange translation. Lower sales volume at its two businesses DynaEnergetics and NobelClad, further weighed on the top-line performance. For H1 2015, sales were down 13% at $85.6 million.
- Update on Gross Margin - DMC's gross margin contracted 300 basis points to 28% during the quarter. Gross margin was mainly impacted by a less profitable product mix at NobelClad and due to the impact of lower sales volume on fixed manufacturing overhead expenses. Meanwhile, for H1 2015, gross margin tumbled 400 basis points to 27%.
- Performance on Operating Front - DMC witnessed an operating loss of $63,000 in Q2 2015 as against an operating income of $3.8 million in Q2 2014. Excluding restructuring expenses, the Company earned an operating income of $1.1 million. The losses were also due to the unusually high commission expense associated with two large orders at DynaEnergetics and to the increased sales, advertising and marketing costs associated with new DynaEnergetics product offerings. For H1 2015, the operating loss stood at $3.3 million against an operating income of $6.9 million in H1 2014.
- Results from Continuing Operations - From continuing operations, DMC recorded a loss of $1.3 million, or $0.10 per diluted share in Q1 2015, compared to an income of $2.1 million, or $0.15 per diluted share in the year-ago period. For H1 2015, loss from continuing operations was reported at $3.7 million, or $0.27 per diluted share. This compares to the income from continuing operations of $3.9 million, or $0.28 per diluted share in H1 2014.
- Outlook - DMC's Chief Financial Officer Michael Kuta said that the decline in the consolidated sales is expected to be in 8% to 12% range for the fiscal year 2015. Further, he anticipates the gross margin to be in a range of 26% to 28% in 2015, down from 30% in 2014. For Q3 2015, sales are expected to decline by 8% to 12% and the gross margin is expected to be in a range of 27% to 29% compared to 29% in Q3 2014.
To find out how this influences our rating on Dynamic Materials Corporation, read the full report in its entirety here: http://www.aciassociation.com/?c=BOOM
About ACI Association:
Active Charter Investors Association ("ACI Association") produces regular sponsored and non-sponsored reports, articles, stock market blogs, and popular investment newsletters covering equities listed on NYSE and NASDAQ and micro-cap stocks. ACI Association has two distinct and independent departments. One department produces non-sponsored analyst certified content generally in the form of press releases, articles and reports covering equities listed on NYSE and NASDAQ and the other produces sponsored content (in most cases not reviewed by a registered analyst), which typically consists of compensated investment newsletters, articles and reports covering listed stocks and micro-caps. Such sponsored content is outside the scope of procedures detailed below.
ACI Association has not been compensated; directly or indirectly; for producing or publishing this document.
PRESS RELEASE PROCEDURES:
The non-sponsored content contained herein has been prepared by a writer (the "Author") and is fact checked and reviewed by a third party research service company (the "Reviewer"). Rohit Tuli, a CFA® charter holder (the "CFA®"), provides necessary guidance in preparing the document templates. The Reviewer has reviewed and revised the content, as necessary, based on sound investment judgment and publicly available information which is believed to be reliable. The Reviewer and the CFA® have not performed any independent investigations or forensic audits to validate the information herein. Unless otherwise noted, any content outside of this document has no association with the Author, the Reviewer, or the CFA® (collectively referred to as the "Production Team") in any way. The Production Team is compensated on a fixed monthly basis and do not hold any positions of interest in any of the securities mentioned herein.
ACI Association, the Author, the Reviewer and the CFA® (collectively referred to as the "Publishers") are not responsible for any error which may be occasioned at the time of printing of this document or any error, mistake or shortcoming. No liability is accepted by the Publishers whatsoever for any direct, indirect or consequential loss arising from the use of this document. The Publishers expressly disclaim any fiduciary responsibility or liability for any consequences, financial or otherwise arising from any reliance placed on the information in this document. Additionally, the Publishers do not (1) guarantee the accuracy, timeliness, completeness or correct sequencing of the information, or (2) warrant any results from use of the information. The included information is subject to change without notice.
NOT AN OFFERING
This document is not intended as an offering, recommendation, or a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell the securities mentioned or discussed, and is to be used for informational purposes only. Please read all associated disclosures and disclaimers in full before investing. Neither ACI Association nor any party affiliated with us is a registered investment adviser or broker-dealer with any agency or in any jurisdiction whatsoever. To download our report(s), read our disclosures, or for more information, visit http://www.aciassociation.com/.
ACI Association is not available to residents of Belarus, Cuba, Canada, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria or Somalia. Do not send email to robottrap (at) aciassociation.com.
CFA® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are registered trademarks owned by CFA Institute.