LOS ANGELES, Aug. 7, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- When was the last time you looked up and pondered the color of your ceiling? Switching up a ceiling color is a quick redesign that can revitalize the appearance of an entire room. Pick up a gallon of paint and give it a try – it's a fun and easy DIY project.
Click here for a how-to video on painting a ceiling, and see below for tips and color ideas when choosing ceiling hues from Sara McLean, color expert at Dunn-Edwards Paints:
- Paint the ceiling the same color as the walls for a rich, inviting atmosphere.
- Lighter or darker shades of the wall color create a soothing space, with extra depth.
- A darker ceiling color than wall color creates a cozier environment - great for powder rooms, bathrooms or bedrooms.
- For tall ceilings, extend the ceiling color a few feet down the walls to make the room feel more intimate.
- For a coffered ceiling, paint color between the coffers for extra drama and sophistication.
- Paint the ceiling a completely different color to add flair. Use accent colors from area rugs, art and other decor pieces to tie it in.
- A white ceiling with white walls creates an airy, open area. Try warm, neutral palettes like soft white or ivory rather than stark white.
- Thinking about going bold on the wall color? Then paint the ceiling white so the effect isn't overwhelming.
- For monochromatic color schemes, try a darker shade on the ceiling for a wow factor that's not too overwhelming. For example, gradations of a beige or gray.
- Painting the ceiling a light, soft blue gives the illusion of sky. Try it out in a small powder room or bathroom for added interest.
- Add a metallic or pearlescent finish to the ceiling to create a regal, marble-like facade.
Share the how-to video and tips with your readers! Sara McLean is available for interviews. Check out her specs+spaces blog for color trends, ideas and inspiration.
About Dunn-Edwards Corporation
Dunn-Edwards Paints® has produced and sold premium paint products for more than 90 years and is the #1 Choice of Painting Professionals based on an independent study where licensed painting contractors in Los Angeles, San Diego and Phoenix overwhelmingly selected Dunn-Edwards Paints as the paint they would use on their own homes. With more than 115 company stores in California, Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico and Texas, and more than 75 authorized dealers throughout the Southwest, Dunn-Edwards is one of the nation's largest independent manufacturers and distributors of architectural, industrial and high performance paints and paint supplies. Dunn-Edwards Paints international presence includes authorized dealers in China, Guam, Lebanon, Lithuania, Mexico, Nigeria, Philippines, Saipan, Singapore and South Korea. The company is dedicated to preserving and protecting the environment, and produces its coatings in the world's first and only LEED® Gold-certified manufacturing plant. Based in Southern California, the company is composed of approximately 1,500 employees. For more information, visit www.dunnedwards.com, www.instagram.com/dunnedwards, www.pinterest.com/dunnedwards, www.facebook.com/dunnedwards, and www.twitter.com/dunnedwards.
Judy Lynes, Phelps
310-752-4400 ext 124
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/quickly-refresh-a-room-with-a-new-ceiling-color-300125495.html
SOURCE Dunn-Edwards Paints