ARLINGTON, Mass., Nov. 1, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Emergency dentist office, Dental Associates of Arlington, offers tips for managing dental emergencies. Accidents are a part of life, but the actions you take after an accident can make a big difference, especially for your mouth. When it comes to dental accidents, timely treatment may mean the difference between a healthy smile and a lost tooth or more serious damage. Some of the most common dental emergencies include:
- Broken tooth: Broken tooth may need root canals to stabilize the tooth and prevent further damage. Crowns can be used to protect the tooth.
- Painful tooth: A tooth can become painful for many reasons, including loose fillings, cavities or abscesses. Prompt care can help prevent complications ranging from abscesses to a lost tooth.
- Painful gums: Healthy gums should be firm, pink and pain-free. Gums that hurt may be infected, abscessed or irritated by food stuck between the teeth or under the gum-line. If a salt-water rinse and careful brushing and flossing do not alleviate the pain, patients should seek dental care as soon as possible.
- Avulsed tooth: A tooth that is knocked out is an absolute emergency and must be treated as soon as possible. The tooth's root should not be touched, and the tooth should be placed in a glass of milk or a tooth preservation kit as soon as possible.
- Mouth ache: Several things can lead to a mouth ache, including TMJ, bruxism and soft tissue damage. If conservative at-home care does not resolve the symptoms, emergency care may be needed to rule out more serious problems and identify the underlying issue.
"There are a number of simple precautions one can take to avoid accident and injury to the teeth. Patients can wear a mouth guard when participating in sports or recreational activities. One can also avoid chewing on ice, popcorn kernels and hard candy, all of which can crack a tooth," says Dr. Rachana Vora, DMD at Dental Associates of Arlington. "Remember, time means everything during a dental emergency. The quicker you can get a hold of your dentist, the better chance you'll have to minimizing damage and reducing pain."
About Dental Associates of Arlington
Dental Associates of Arlington is the premier dental practice providing Cosmetic, Implant, Sedation, and Emergency dentistry practice. The practice delivers comprehensive and convenient care for your entire family and is located in Arlington, MA. www.arlingtondentalma.com.
About Rachana Vora, DMD
Dr. Rachana Vora is an Emergency Dentist in Arlington, MA. Dr. Vora has been practicing dentistry for over ten years. Dr. Vora practices general and family dentistry including cosmetic, implant, sedation, and emergency dentistry. Dr. Vora received her Doctor of Dental Medicine, Advanced Standing Program from Boston University. She received a Certificate in Clinical Research from New York University College of Dentistry. https://www.arlingtondentalma.com/our-doctor/dr-rachana-vora-DMD
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/rachana-vora-dmd-emergency-dentist-provides-tips-for-various-dental-emergencies-300354881.html
SOURCE Dental Associates of Arlington