NEW YORK, Dec. 21, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Supergenerics companies are focusing on more challenging therapy areas of supergeneric development such as obesity and rheumatoid arthritis/pain which have seen NCEs fail and drug withdrawals over the last few decades. This report identifies and evaluates 13 supergenerics companies, including 3 companies which originally started out as pure-play generics companies. It also assesses the growth strategies of mega generics companies and whether these companies are seeking to enter the supergenerics arena. The report analyzes the capabilites of supergenerics companies and identifies licensing opportunities.
Scope of this research
- Identify licensing opportunities in the supergenerics sector.
- Evaluate the geographic reach and technical capabilities of supergenerics companies.
- Compare the growth strategies of different companies.
- Identify which mergers and acquisitions have strengthened a company's supergeneric strategies as acquisition candidates.
- Analyze the different growth strategies employed by generics companies.
Research and analysis Highlights
SG companies have had to develop SGs for difficult to treat conditions with high unmet medical need or for products which have difficult formulation issues as the originators of blockbuster brands have already developed the obvious line extensions which have evergreened the products beyond patent expiry e.g. in the cardiovascular area.
Many SG companies have focused on a narrow therapeutic area/geographic reach as it reduces detailing costs for SGs etc. However, this strategy can also make the company more vulnerable if one of its products fails to gain approval.
Supergenerics companies are very diverse in terms of orgins and in their strategies for growth, and these often depend on their core strengths and geographic location.
Key reasons to purchase this research
- Which supergenerics companies have been successful in developing supergenerics and will this success continue or are they looking to other strategies?
- What is the product mix for companies developing supergenerics?
- What are the growth strategies, capabilities, and strengths and weaknesses of various supergenerics companies?
- What does the development pipeline look like for specific companies and which technologies are they employing?
- What are the main mergers and acquisitions in the generics sector and what strategies are generic companies employing towards supergenerics?
To order this report:
Contact Nicolas Bombourg
Intl: +1 805-652-2626