New features include: Compound Rules, Archiving Rules, Aliases, Continuity and Rate Limiting Improvements
OTTAWA, Jan. 30, 2013 /CNW/ - Roaring Penguin Software Inc., the email filtering experts, makers of the acclaimed CanIt-PRO, CanIt-Domain-PRO, CanIt Archiver and Hosted CanIt anti-spam and email archiving solutions, announce the release of CanIt 9.0.1.
Major New Features include:
- Boolean logic has been added to Compound Rules and Archiving Rules to allow administrators to to take action in complex situations. For instance, this allows administrators to design a rule that prevents archiving of messages that have very little archival value.
- A "true" aliasing feature has been added: this causes CanIt to actually rewrite recipient addresses (as opposed to simply streaming them into one stream but not rewriting the destination address).
- Major improvements were made to CanIt's e-mail continuity and outbound rate limiting features.
- The Roaring Penguin Training Network, a shared Bayesian Database, has been improved to preserve as many hand votes as possible.
- CanIt can now detect dead back end servers and will refrain from using them for a short period of time. This can help mitigate load problems if a back end server disappears off the network.
- Improvements were made to make setting up and using LDAP and Active Directory easier.
CanIt 9.0.1 is available as:
* CanIt-PRO, an anti-spam software solution suitable for small and medium-sized businesses.
* CanIt-Domain-PRO, spam filtering software for MSPs to host anti-spam for their customers.
* Hosted CanIt, a fully outsourced, hosted anti-spam service.
* CanIt Archiver, email archiving software.
About Roaring Penguin
Founded in 1999, Roaring Penguin Software Inc., the email filtering experts, focuses on fighting spam at the mail server with the acclaimed CanIt and MIMEDefang product lines. Today, Roaring Penguin develops its anti-spam solutions and email archiving / email continuity software for customers that include enterprises, ISPs, MSPs, Universities, web hosts, and government offices. For more information, visit http://www.roaringpenguin.com.
SOURCE ROARING PENGUIN SOFTWARE