SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 1, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Rokid Corporation, Ltd., an artificial intelligence (AI) and robotics company, today announced that it has raised in excess of $50 million in Series B funding at a post-funding valuation of $450 million. Rokid is a smart home device featuring advanced AI and deep learning that enriches a consumer's life by delivering information on-demand and performing tasks via voice and visual interactions. Rokid's superior engineering and elegant design makes it an essential family companion.
This latest infusion builds upon a successful Series A round raised in 2015, and will be used for product development and to expand its world-class team, with an emphasis on research, hardware/software development, design, and user experience in U.S. and China. This round was led by Advantech and existing investors, IDG Capital Partners and Walden International.
"Rokid is fortunate to have the backing of a premier group of strategic investors," said Misa Zhu, founder and CEO, Rokid Corporation, Ltd. "The financing is a strong vote of confidence in Rokid's technology and management and will continue to propel the company forward as we prepare for our product introduction in the U.S. in 2017."
This round of funding is the latest win for the company since its founding in July of 2014. Other highlights include:
- July 2014 - Opened its new headquarters in the Xixi National Park of Hangzhou, China.
- August 2014 - Angel funding with the participation of IDG Capital Partners.
- July 2015 - Series A funding led by Walden International.
- July 2015 - Market expansion to the U.S. and opened its U.S. headquarters, Rokid, Inc. in Union Square, San Francisco.
- October 2015 - Rokid officially launched in China.
- April 2016 - Began selling in China in partnership with Alibaba.
- June 2016 - First product deployment in The Grand Mansion Hotel, Nanjing, China.
Rokid has garnered key industry awards and recognition including:
- 2016 CES Innovation Award – Rokid was chosen as a CES Innovation Award Honoree. This distinction reflects innovative design and engineering in some of the most cutting edge tech products and services coming to market.
- TiE50 Winner and TiE50 Top Start-Up Awards – TiE is a global, not-for-profit network of entrepreneurs and professionals dedicated to the advancement of entrepreneurship in Silicon Valley.
- Red Herring Top 100 Asia Awards – Red Herring Top 100 Asia enlists outstanding entrepreneurs and promising companies. It selects the award winners from approximately 2000 privately financed companies each year in Asia.
Rokid has also experienced exponential growth, forming new strategic partnerships with key players in IoT, entertainment, travel, health, and service companies.
About Rokid's Smart Family Technology
Rokid features advanced artificial intelligence (AI) and deep learning that enrich life by proactively delivering information, providing entertainment, and performing household chores via voice and visual interactions. Rokid is not just another high tech gadget in the Smart Home, but a resourceful family companion. In addition to her sharp, modern design, she embodies a warm and unique personality, with intuitive conversational abilities and recognition of individual family members - making her beyond a robotic device.
Rokid emphasizes premium quality in every facet of build from software and hardware to industrial design and manufacturing. With our full-stack technologies developed in-house, Rokid's industry-leading performance is based on the company's proprietary software and hardware designs.
About Rokid Corporation, Ltd.
With offices in San Francisco, Calif., Hangzhou and Beijing, China, Rokid Corporation, Ltd. was founded in July of 2014. Rokid is in the forefront of artificial intelligence (AI) category. The global staff of over 90 features over 15 PhDs and more than 30 Master's holders, which include prominent scientists, engineers, and business leaders with expertise in artificial intelligence, robotics and manufacturing. For more information, please visit us at www.rokid.com/about and keep up to date on our progress on Facebook.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/rokid-secures-series-b-funding-in-excess-of-50m-at-450m-valuation-to-meet-the-demand-for-its-artificial-intelligence-and-robotics-technology-300353626.html
SOURCE Rokid Corporation, Ltd.