Sales and Shopping Search Engine Lists What's On Sale In Stores Nearby
VALHALLA, N.Y., Aug. 4, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- With back to school shopping in full swing, SaleLocator (http://salelocator.com), a shopping and sales search engine and mobile app, is offering parents tips for stretching their budget this school year.
To efficiently navigate the back to school sales:
- Get organized – Make a master school supplies and clothing list and cross check with an inventory of what you already have to best plan your shopping destinations.
- Use online resources – Search in-store sales before you shop to compare big box vs. specialty stores for the best deals.
- Comparison shop – Search SaleLocator and other shopping sites for sales on name brands like Crayola, Sharpie, Levi's, Jansport etc. to find the best bargains. Prioritize which items are worth the premium.
- Choose timing wisely – Shop off hours and at least one week before school starts to avoid crowds – you won't be as likely to grab items you don't need.
- Stock up for next year – This is the time summer clearance sales really kick in so stock up on clothing and shoes for next spring and summer.
"Back to school shopping is one of the biggest sales seasons of the year and a time when consumers can easily overspend. It is also unique in that many purchases are still made at brick and mortar locations," said Michael Falkson, co-founder and CEO of SaleLocator. "With a still tenuous economy we want to help shoppers make the most of their back to school budgets by organizing what's on sale in typical back to school retail hubs like Wal-Mart, Target, Office Depot, Staples and more."
Shoppers can search SaleLocator for local brick-and-mortar retail sales by keyword, location and through categories including Clothing and Apparel, Office, Computer and Software, Shoes and Footwear and more. Also available as an iPhone or Android app, SaleLocator lists on average more than 275,000 local in-store sales each day from nearly 1,000 retailers, drugstores and grocers.
A nationwide shopping and sales search engine and mobile app, SaleLocator offers the largest collection of in-store sale information to help local bargain hunters find the best ongoing sales near them. Founded in 2010, SaleLocator is providing local shoppers an average of 275,000 sales per day. For more information visit http://salelocator.com.
Media Contact: Meggan Manson, Young & Associates, +1-301-371-6995, firstname.lastname@example.org