SAN FRANCISCO, Dec. 15, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) today announced the addition of ten founding members to its previously announced Investor Advisory Group (IAG). Comprised of leading asset owners and asset managers, the group is committed to improving the quality and comparability of sustainability-related disclosure to investors, thereby enabling investors to develop a more comprehensive view of company performance.
"We welcome these additions to the Investor Advisory Group," said Chris Ailman, Chief Investment Officer of CalSTRS and IAG Chair. "We now have 24 leading asset owners and asset managers – the credibility and reach of this group will help us work at scale to improve the quality and comparability of sustainability disclosure to investors."
New members of SASB's Investor Advisory Group (IAG) are:
- Aberdeen Asset Management Hugh Young, Managing Director of Aberdeen Asset Management Asia Limited, and Group Head of Investments
- bcIMC Bryan Thomson, Senior Vice President, Public Equities
- Capital Group Robert W. Lovelace, Vice-Chairman
- Domini Impact Investment LLC Carole M. Laible, CEO
- Jarislowsky Fraser Dan Hanson, Partner
- Northern Trust Asset Management Christopher Shipley, Senior Vice President and Head of Fundamental Equities
- PGGM Felix Lanters, Head of Equities
- PIMCO Christian Stracke, Global Head of Credit Research
- UBS Asset Management Bruno Bertocci, Head of Sustainable Investors
- Vanguard Glenn Booraem, Principal and Head of Corporate Governance
SASB also published the premier edition of ESG Integration Insights, a collection of case studies that demonstrate best practices in the use of SASB standards and tools to incorporate ESG factors into investment decision making, across asset classes and using a variety of investment strategies. ESG Integration Insights can be downloaded via the SASB Library.
The Sustainability Accounting Standards Board™ (SASB)™ is an independent 501(c)3 organization that issues industry-specific standards for use in disclosing material sustainability information in filings to the Securities and Exchange Commission. Michael R. Bloomberg, founder of Bloomberg LP, and Mary Schapiro, former SEC chairman, serve as Chair and Vice Chair of SASB's Board of Directors, and Dr. Jean Rogers serves as Founder and CEO. With significant input from corporations and investors, SASB has issued provisional sustainability accounting standards for 79 industries in 10 sectors, and is now undertaking a period of deep consultation to gather input before the standards are codified. For more information about SASB, visit www.sasb.org, or follow us on YouTube, Twitter or LinkedIn.
Director of Communications
+1 415 830-9220 ext. 106
SOURCE Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB)