SEATTLE, March 1, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Seabourn, the world's finest ultra-luxury cruise line, is readying an exceptional menu of dining options to delight guests of its newest ship, Seabourn Ovation. Scheduled to launch in May 2018, the fifth ultra-luxury vessel in the Seabourn fleet will set the table for world-class, award-winning dining with five restaurants, each in keeping with the high quality and inventiveness that has earned the line wide praise from culinary observers.
Seabourn's world-class dining rivals the finest restaurants anywhere, and Seabourn Ovation will be no exception. The line's skilled chefs prepare gourmet dishes using fresh, seasonal ingredients and take inspiration from regional flavors, including new artisan gelato. The highly talented culinary team are experts in offering dishes that are designed to satisfy a range of appetites. Whether indulging poolside, in the comfort of a private veranda or in a more formal setting, all dishes are carefully curated and plated with an artistic eye.
"Seabourn has continuously been recognized for the superb quality of our cuisine, and we will continue our leadership with the launch of Seabourn Ovation," said Richard Meadows, president of Seabourn. "As the ship spends its maiden season cruising the coasts and exploring the hidden gems of Northern Europe this summer, guests can look forward to a wonderful culinary experience."
With a selection of dishes inspired by Seabourn's partnership with world-renowned, Michelin-starred Chef Thomas Keller served in venues across the ship, including The Grill by Thomas Keller, and the remarkable design of onboard restaurants by hospitality design icon Adam D. Tihany, guests of Seabourn Ovation can look forward to the finest culinary experience on the high seas.
Here's what's on the menu for Seabourn Ovation:
- New Artisan Gelato – The ship will feature the line's new milk- and fruit-based gelato, which will be made fresh daily and served across the vessel. Delivering a truly authentic product in both taste and texture, Seabourn's talented chefs visited and trained at Carpigiani University in Bologna, Italy -- widely recognized as the home of the leading gelato machine manufacturer in the industry – to perfect their knowledge of the history and techniques used for gelato making.
Guests can choose from a wide range of milk-based flavors, including Amarena Cherry, Amaretto, Dulce De Leche, Stracciatella, Sicilian Pistachio, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Bourbon Vanilla, and Cappuccino. The selection will also include fruit-based gelato flavors such as Blood Orange, Coconut, Kumquat, Mulberry, Wild Berry, Rhubarb, Yuzu, Black Currant, and Black Cherry. The gelato menu will also feature a local ingredient gelato as a "daily special" on voyages where the culinary team can procure the ingredients in select ports such as lemon when visiting the Amalfi Coast. Flavors will also include "no sugar added" gelato.
The new gelato program will launch in April on Seabourn Encore and be available fleetwide by early 2019.
- The Grill by Thomas Keller – Created via partnership with world-renowned American chef and restaurateur Thomas Keller, The Grill serves a timeless menu with updated versions of iconic dishes in an ambiance inspired by the classic '50s and '60s American restaurant. Seabourn chefs trained by Chef Keller's team create a dining experience like no other at sea, with memorable delights such as tableside prepared Classic Caesar Salad; Lobster Thermidor; Medallions of Elysian Fields Farm Lamb; and Meyer Lemon Meringue Tart. The wine list, personally curated by Chef Keller to complement each dish, runs more than 90 domestic and old-world labels, including many rare offerings. Advanced reservations are required for The Grill.
- Sushi – Sleek and unique with an identity all its own, Sushi is a standout destination for fresh, high-grade sushi created from the finest ingredients. Hot and cold offerings such as Salmon Tataki; Black King Fish Sashimi; and BBQ Eel Maki are available, and the sake menu features exceptional selections, many displayed against a lighted wall creating a work of art. Service is available through the day, including Bento boxes and select sushi features at lunch, with sushi chefs in action for all to see. This restaurant is only featured on Seabourn Encore and Seabourn Ovation.
- The Restaurant – A fine‐dining and open‐seating gourmet experience, its extensive menus offer a wide variety of delectable choices and dishes prepared to order by the line's expert culinary team. Choose an appetizer, an entrée (or vegetarian option), and a dessert with selections such as Black Truffle Risotto & Poached Egg; Char Broiled Iberico Pork Chop; Crisp Polenta and Mushroom Cake; and Hot Coconut Soufflé. On select nights, The Restaurant features a selection of dishes by Thomas Keller as well as favorites from Seabourn's menu. The Restaurant also features an expansive premium wine selection showcased in an elegant glass wall.
- The Colonnade – This casual restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating is the spot for breakfast, lunch and dinner prepared in open-kitchen style and offered via table service or lavish buffet. Look on as Seabourn chefs fashion an ever-changing array of regionally themed, bistro-style experiences such as Dungeness Crab Cakes; Roast Prime Rib of Beef; Potato & Beaufort Cheese Torte; and Baked New York Cheese Cake. Special theme nights feature Chef Keller-influenced family-style dinners that pay homage to his American childhood.
- The Patio – Relaxed, casual, and located right by the pool, The Patio offers luncheon buffets and a full dinner menu with salads, pastas, soups, and grilled specialties, plus freshly baked gourmet pizza. Don't miss Chef Keller's signature Napa Burger developed exclusively for Seabourn, or his artisanal Yountwurst hot-dog named for the hometown of The French Laundry, Ad Hoc, and the original Bouchon.
- In-Suite Dining – Seabourn Ovation offers an extensive menu of gourmet breakfast, lunch and dinner items around the clock, including course by course dinner from The Restaurant, to be enjoyed in suite or on your private veranda.
- Cocktail Hour – Seabourn Ovation will feature seven lounges and bars with an accessible open-bar policy to ensure there is never a check to sign. Select venues also offer craft cocktails created exclusively for Seabourn by world-renowned mixologist Brian van Flandern. Every evening guests will find tapas served in the Observation Bar and a selection of canapes in The Club.
- Seabourn Square – The veritable heart of the ship, Seabourn Square offers freshly baked breakfast treats and afternoon snacks. The baristas onboard also roast coffee fresh each day and prepare a variety of coffee and tea selections.
- Afternoon Tea – Served daily in The Observation Bar, Afternoon Tea is welcome ritual for many guests and includes light bites such as scones and fresh baked cookies.
When dining with Seabourn, guests can come when they like, dine with whom they please, and be seated as they wish in most venues across the ship.
Seabourn will continue to reveal updates about Seabourn Ovation via the dedicated microsite: http://ovation.seabourn.com. Alive with imagery, details and news of the ship's continuing progress, including "sunsets until launch," the microsite offers an inside look at the excitement of the upcoming launch, with additional details, news and images revealed on an ongoing basis.
For more details about the award-winning Seabourn fleet, or to explore the worldwide selection of Seabourn cruising options, contact a professional travel advisor, call Seabourn at 1-800-929-9391 or visit www.seabourn.com.
Notes to Editors:
Seabourn is consistently ranked among the world's top travel choices by professional critics and the discerning readers of prestigious travel publications such as Departures, Travel + Leisure and Condé Nast Traveler. Its stylish, distinctive cruising vacations are renowned for:
- Intimate ships with a private club atmosphere
- Intuitive, personalized service provided by staff passionate about exceeding guests expectations
- Curated voyages to all seven continents delivering award-winning experiences
- All ocean front suites, luxuriously appointed
- Complimentary premium spirits and fine wines available on board at all times
- Welcome Champagne and complimentary in-suite bar stocked with your preferences
- Tipping is neither required, nor expected
- Finest resort at sea that is masterfully designed
- World-class dining, further enhanced through a culinary partnership with Chef Thomas Keller
- All dining venues are complimentary, dine where, when and with whom you wish
- Seabourn Conversations, connecting with visionary experts
- Ventures by Seabourn, optional shore excursions, enhance and extend destination experiences in select destinations.
- Select purposeful and sustainable travel experiences in partnership with UNESCO
- Spa & Wellness by Dr. Andrew Weil, featuring an exclusive mindful living program
- An evening entertainment experience in collaboration with Sir Tim Rice
Seabourn is a proud member of World's Leading Cruise Lines. The exclusive alliance also includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Cunard Line, Costa Cruises, AIDA, P&O Cruises UK, P&O Cruises Australia and fathom. Seabourn is a brand of Carnival Corporation and plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL and NYSE: CUK). It has formed a partnership with United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) to help protect World Heritage sites.