FAIRFAX, Va., Jan. 24, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Williamsburg, VA, January 19, 2017 – The Virginia Law Foundation inducted 24 new Fellows at a dinner ceremony held during The Virginia Bar Association's Annual Meeting in Colonial Williamsburg.
Each year, the Virginia Law Foundation recognizes a group of Virginia lawyers, law professors and retired judges for their legal excellence and community involvement. Fellows are nominated confidentially by their peers. Fellows Candidates must (1) be an active member or associate member of the Virginia State Bar for at least ten years, (2) be a resident of Virginia, (3) be a person of integrity and character, (4) have maintained the highest standards of the profession, (5) be outstanding in the community, and (6) be distinguished in the practice of law.
The philanthropic arm of the Virginia's practicing bar for over 40 years, the Virginia Law Foundation has provided over $24 million in grants to support projects throughout the Commonwealth that facilitate access to justice, improve the administration of justice, and promote law-related education.
The Virginia Law Foundation also recognizes and encourages excellence in community service and the practice of law through our Fellows program and offers not-for-profit continuing legal education through Virginia CLE®.
Ms. Nelson said, "I was honored to be part of the 2017 Class of Fellows with so many extraordinary colleagues. I look forward to being an active member of the Foundation for many years – I truly admire the important work of the Foundation and hope to be a part of that work."
Congratulations to the members of the 2017 Class of Fellows:
- David Grant Altizer (Tazewell)
- Barbara S. Anderson (Alexandria)
- Mary Bauer (Charlottesville)
- Gregory R. Bishop (Richmond)
- Hon. Sean T. Connaughton (Alexandria)
- Patrick C. Devine, Jr. (Norfolk)
- David John Gogal (Falls Church)
- James Patrick Guy, II (Richmond)
- John Owen Gwathmey (Richmond)
- Jonathan P. Harmon (Richmond)
- Helivi L. Holland (Suffolk)
- Harry M. Johnson, III (Richmond)
- Hon. Stanley P. Klein (Fairfax)
- Thomas A. Lisk (Richmond)
- Thomas H. Miller (Roanoke)
- Sharon D. Nelson (Fairfax)
- JoAnne L. Nolte (Richmond)
- Hon. Nancy G. Parr (Chesapeake)
- Bernadette Speller Peele (Stafford)
- Lewis F. Powell, III (Richmond)
- Robert F. Redmond, Jr. (Richmond)
- Hon. Jane Marum Roush (Arlington)
- Daniel M. Siegel (Richmond)
- Hon. Shannon L. Taylor (Richmond)
ABOUT SENSEI ENTERPRISES, INC.
Sensei Enterprises, Inc. is a nationally known digital forensics, cybersecurity and information technology company. Based in Fairfax, Virginia, Sensei combines legal expertise with high-level technical certifications to serve the technology needs of the legal and corporate communities. To learn more about the company, please visit www.senseient.com.
For more information about this release, call Sharon D. Nelson, Esq. at 703-359-0700.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sensei-president-sharon-d-nelson-esq-inducted-as-a-fellow-of-the-virginia-law-foundation-300395498.html
SOURCE Sensei Enterprises, Inc.