BOSTON, Aug. 12, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Simon announced today plans for a major renovation for high-end shopping destination Copley Place that will begin in September and include interior and exterior enhancements to the retail portion of the property. In addition to physical upgrades, Simon will continue to add a number of luxury retailers to the property. The majority of the project will be completed by the summer of 2016 with Copley Place remaining fully open throughout the renovation.
"Simon continues to reinvest in our properties, and the renovation of Copley Place is another strong example of that," said David Contis, President, Simon Malls. "We are confident that this transformation will enhance the shopping experience for our guests and further strengthen our position as the high-end shopping destination in the heart of Boston."
The renovation work on the retail portion of Copley Place is part of a multi-phase project being undertaken at the site. Simon also began upgrading the office component of Copley Place in 2014, slated for completion in late 2015. In addition, Simon will begin work to upgrade the Southwest Corridor along Dartmouth Street, which is required to be completed prior to the construction of Copley Tower. This work will include alternate and improved accessibility into Copley Place via an elevator. Copley Tower will be a 52-story residential architectural and design landmark amidst the Boston skyline that will transform this already iconic asset.
The retail enhancements will bring modern updates to the interior of Copley Place including:
- New flooring throughout the center that will showcase a unique blend of stone, stone mosaic, and porcelain;
- New ceiling treatments;
- Upgraded escalators including the addition of a new escalator in the Neiman Marcus wing that will connect shopping levels 1 and 2;
- Glass handrails to enhance visibility to the upper shopping levels and 16-foot retail storefronts on level 2;
- Updated Restrooms and the addition of a family restroom located across from current restrooms on the first level;
- Upscale fast casual dining component;
- Energy-efficient upgrades including LED lighting that will complement the recently unveiled Electric Vehicle Fast-Charging Freedom Station;
- A more modern and cohesive look throughout the entire shopping center.
Copley Place features several sought-after stores, including Neiman Marcus, Barneys New York, Louis Vuitton, Christian Dior, Tory Burch, and Tiffany & Co. Along with the renovation, Copley will be adding new stores exclusive to the Boston area and relocating and remodeling existing stores including:
- CH Carolina Herrera (Opening August 2015)
- Moncler (Opening September 2015)
- Versace (Opening Spring 2016)
- Tory Burch (Expanded current location)
- L.K. Bennett (Expanded current location)
- Banana Republic (Relocated)
- EILEEN FISHER (Relocated)
More announcements on upscale retailers joining Copley Place are expected in the near future.
Copley Place also offers guests a variety of unique shopping amenities such as a Personal Shopping Service, Free Wi-Fi, comfortable seating areas and coat and package check.
Simon is a global leader in retail real estate ownership, management and development and a S&P100 company (Simon Property Group, NYSE: SPG). Our industry-leading retail properties and investments across North America, Europe and Asia provide shopping experiences for millions of consumers every day and generate billions in annual retail sales. For more information, visit simon.com.
About Copley Place
Located in the historic Back Bay, Copley Place is one of Boston's most significant mixed-use projects and most distinctive shopping destination. The property features 800,000 square feet of commercial office space, 75 fabulous retailers (including Neiman Marcus, Barneys New York, Tiffany & Co., David Yurman, Louis Vuitton, Christian Dior and Tory Burch), two parking garages, and The Westin Copley Place and Marriott Boston Copley Place hotels.