AKRON, Ohio, March 14, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Skycasters LLC, an international provider of satellite internet, data and VPN equipment services, has developed a Converged Wireless Internet service that delivers greater reliability, efficiency and cost savings to businesses currently using satellite wireless internet.
Dubbed CWi ("see-wee"), this groundbreaking new service combines the benefits of satellite and LTE wireless internet services into one integrated, business-grade solution for companies in remote locations or relying on mission-critical data communications.
"CWi revolutionizes the performance of satellite internet by combining multiple diverse wireless connections – one satellite and one or more cellular – into one service," explains Don Jacobs, founder and owner of Skycasters. "The LTE and satellite connections are uniquely configured to deliver maximum value of a truly converged network. Our customers get the benefits of both individual options, while realizing greater efficiencies and reliability from a dual connection – all managed by Skycasters' state-of-the-art network."
- One system, one customer support line, one solution for the converged service.
- Two or more independent connections – satellite and LTE converged from diverse paths.
- Multiple, converged connections for maximum uptime – up to 99.999%.
- Unique configuration and 24-hour monitoring for greater network efficiency.
Most providers simply "bond" separate connections, but Skycasters manages both connections simultaneously for its customers, resulting in simplified network management. "We continuously manage both private, converged networks 24/7 to optimize our customers' connectivity," Jacobs says. "Customers get the most cost-effective use of bandwidth in a single service with only one number to call if they have questions."
Skycasters CWi service is available in two packages:
- CWi Standard - two diverse connections with 99.9% network availability guaranteed.*
- CWi 3D - three diverse connections with up to 99.999% network availability guaranteed.*
CWi subscribers enjoy several technical advantages over traditional satellite-only connections:
- High reliability. CWi's configuration provides satellite and LTE services from independent paths to deliver at least 99.99% guaranteed uptime.
- Less downtime. If one connection fails, the entire service quickly switches to the other connection until the failed service is restored.
- Cost savings. By pairing Skycasters' iDirect satellite network platform with Verizon Wireless' industry-leading LTE cellular network, CWi delivers the most reliable connectivity for up to 75 percent cost than a premium, Ku band, iDirect-metered, satellite-only service.
- A better experience. The unified service delivers faster, more seamless web surfing – eliminating frustrating delays caused by an Internet outage.
"Having multiple connections for wireless internet – but through one, unified service – gives our customers a huge competitive advantage in terms of efficiency, cost and, most importantly, reliability," Jacobs says. "CWi gives subscribers peace of mind knowing that they have two solutions working together to support their business-critical functions."
*Restrictions apply based on equipment, configuration and coverage area.
As the oldest and largest facilities-based VSAT reseller, Skycasters brings affordable broadband satellite internet access, satellite VPN equipment, mobile satellite internet, and corporate data services to all types of organizations, including rural and underserved business locations. The company provides broadband satellite internet access and data service to thousands of business, government, educational and nonprofit users in the United States and abroad. Learn more at www.skycasters.com.
For more information:
SOURCE Skycasters LLC