- Sportsnet's newly-enhanced, best-in-class app for BB10 is designed for the serious sports fan-
- Features include elegant new look and feel, speed-of-light access to breaking news, scores and stats, customizable alerts, and premium content from Sportsnet's team of writers, insiders and analysts-
- Pre-loaded for Rogers customers and available free on BlackBerry 10 devices and in BlackBerry World -
- Continues Sportsnet's commitment to leading the way in digital innovation in 2013 -
Tweet this release: http://bit.ly/WYkcRu
TORONTO, Feb. 5, 2013 /CNW/ - In tandem with one of the most widely-anticipated mobile device launches of the year, Sportsnet, Canada's multiplatform destination for all things sports, today unveiled its newly re-designed Sportsnet Mobile app, built exclusively for the BlackBerry 10 platform and available free in BlackBerry World and on BlackBerry 10 devices (BB10).
Designed with the serious sports fan in mind, and using the latest in mobile technology, the leading-edge app combines speed and functionality to provide greater access to stats, customizable alerts and up-to-the-second game scores from the biggest leagues from around the world.
"Hard core fans want to access sports content how, when and where they want it," said Pary Bell, Vice President and General Manager, Rogers Digital Media. "The Sportsnet Mobile app on BlackBerry 10 will provide those fans with industry-leading customization that will allow them to access the premium sports content and information that is most relevant to them. This is just one of the many powerful ways in which Sportsnet intends to lead the way in digital innovation in 2013."
Today's announcement follows the recent unveiling of another first in Canadian digital sports media content: the launch of Sportsnet World Online. The subscription video on-demand service provides sports fans with exclusive live and on-demand streaming of premium soccer, cricket, and rugby matches not available anywhere else. In the coming weeks, Sportsnet will launch an iOS and Android app, further cementing Sportsnet's commitment to providing fans with premium sports content on the world's latest devices.
Sportsnet Mobile will come pre-loaded on BB10 devices for Rogers customers and features a gateway to the fastest, most in-depth sports coverage on-the-go. The new functionality and enhanced user experience will provide sports fans with all the latest news, stories and updates directly from their favourite sportsnet.ca writers, such as award-winning journalist Stephen Brunt, Michael Grange and baseball writer Shi Davidi and more, whenever and wherever they want.
Key features of Sportsnet Mobile for the BlackBerry 10 platform include:
- MySN: users can customize Sportsnet Mobile to fit their needs, including following specific teams, players and fantasy leagues simply and easily, as it happens
- Real time alerts: provides up-to-the-second coverage on any game, including instant notifications of in-game moments like goals, touchdowns, end of a period, quarters, interceptions and more
- In-depth coverage: delivers the deepest stats, news, bios, player and team performance instantaneously, so users can manage fantasy teams with ease
- Horizontal Mode: allows users to see even more advance statistics on any player just by turning the device sideways
The Sportsnet Mobile App for the BlackBerry 10 platform is available free from BlackBerry World or on BlackBerry 10 devices.
Sportsnet connects Canadian sports fans to their favourite teams and athletes, using five platforms: TV, Radio, Print, Online and Mobile. Sportsnet is Fuelled By Fans, and delivers storytelling on a local, regional, national and global level. The multiplatform brand consists of Sportsnet, sportsnet.ca, Sportsnet 590 The FAN, Sportsnet 960 The FAN, Sportsnet magazine, Sportsnet Mobile and the Hockey Central app on iPad and Playbook. Sportsnet is the Canadian leader in NHL and MLB television broadcasts and is home to 162 Toronto Blue Jays games, plus MLB Playoffs and the World Series. Sportsnet is an official licensed broadcaster of the 2014 FIFA World Cup BrazilTM and also offers an exciting sports lineup including the NFL, the Memorial Cup, Ultimate Fighting Championship®, Grand Slam of Curling, IndyCar, the Rogers Cup tennis tournament, and extensive soccer programming including Barclays Premier League, UEFA Champions League, UFEA Europa League, MLS Vancouver Whitecaps FC, CONCACAF and Canadian national team matches for men and women. Connected is the network's nightly news program, providing regional and national coverage of the day's events in the world of sports.
SOURCE Rogers Media