NEW YORK, Aug. 4, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- With its pink-sand beaches, crystal clear waters and beautiful blue skies, Bermuda is the very definition of "summery." But summer isn't so much of a season on the mid-Atlantic island as it is a state of mind. While the US east coast is breaking out sweaters, Bermuda (just a two-hour direct flight away) is offering a way to stretch your summer out. Through November 25, guests have the option to extend their stay and receive a complimentary third, fourth or fifth night, based on a three-night stay. Book now for travel from August 24 – November 25, 2015.
Visitors will find more than enough ways to spend their bonus Bermuda time. The 21-square mile island is packed with outdoor adventures, unique cultural experiences and welcoming locals.
- See the island from a different perspective on a ferry ride on the turquoise waters that will host the world's greatest sailors during the Louis Vuitton America's Cup World Series this October.
- Play a round of golf on one of seven world-class courses, all boasting spectacular ocean panoramas.
- Climb 185 steps to the top of Gibbs Hill Lighthouse, one of the oldest cast-iron lighthouses in the world.
- Wander the cobblestone alleys of the Town of St. George, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and the oldest British colony in the western hemisphere.
- Hike or bike on the Old Railway Trail, an 18-mile journey that takes you to secluded beaches, peaceful forests, and windswept coastal cliffs.
- Enjoy a wide array of island cuisine, ranging from local favourites like fresh fish sandwiches to innovative eateries like Marcus', the new restaurant from superstar chef Marcus Samuelsson.
- Find 21 Free and Affordable Things to Do in Bermuda, including historic walking tours and reenactments, vibrant street fairs, cliff jumping – and those legendary beaches, of course.
Participating hotels include:
- Cambridge Beaches Resort & Spa – Third night free
- Coco-Reef Resort – Third, Fourth and Fifth night free
- Coral Beach & Tennis Club – Fifth night free
- Elbow Beach Bermuda – Fifth night free
- Fairmont Southampton, Bermuda Resort – Third night free
- Grotto Bay Beach Resort – Third night free
- Hamilton Princess & Beach Club, a Fairmont Managed Hotel – Third night free
- Newstead Belmont Hills Golf Resort & Spa – Fourth night free
- Pompano Beach Club – Fourth night free
- The Reefs Resort & Club – Fifth night free (8/24 to 10/18) fourth night free (10/19 to 11/30)
- Rosewood Tucker's Point – Fourth night free
- The St George's Club – Fifth night free
Please contact hotels for more information. Additional fees and restrictions may apply.
About Bermuda: Now is the perfect time to escape to Bermuda, the ultimate island getaway. It's much closer than you think – located in the Atlantic Ocean off of North Carolina's coast and a two-hour non-stop flight from most eastern US airports. Enjoy British charm and Island soul in mild year-round weather, with championship golf, a vast array of watersports, legendary pink sand beaches, and a wealth of historic sites. The announcement that Bermuda will host the 35th America's Cup in 2017 has brought a fresh energy to the destination, with new and redeveloped hotels, must-visit attractions and restaurants adding to the island spirit. Start planning your "proper fun" vacation and visit www.gotobermuda.com, www.facebook.com/BermudaTourism and www.twitter.com/Bermuda.
Turner Public Relations
SOURCE Bermuda Tourism Authority