NEW YORK, August 6, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
ACI Association has initiated research coverage on Natural Health Trends Corp. (NYSE: NHTC). Select highlights from the internally released reports are being made available to the general public (included below), with access to the entirety of the research available to new members.
Today, membership is open to readers on a complementary basis at the following URL: http://www.aciassociation.com/?c=NHTC
Highlights from our NHTC Report include:
- Solid Revenue Growth - On July 28, 2015, Natural Health Trends Corp. released results for the second quarter of 2015. The Company generated total revenue of $69.7 million, reflecting a significant increase of 104% compared to $34.2 million in Q2 2014. Revenue from Hong Kong operations, which represents 93% of total revenue, grew by $33.2 million, or 105% YoY. Whereas, revenue outside Hong Kong rose by $2.4 million, or 91% YoY. Excluding the Commonwealth of Independent States, revenue increased 151% YoY.
- Improved Profitability - In Q2 2015, gross profit amounted to $55.6 million, higher than $26.7 million in previous year quarter. Operating income increased 99% to $12.3 million, from $6.2 million in the second quarter last year. Net income for the period was almost doubled to $12.3 million, from $6.1 million in prior year quarter. Consequently, the Company's diluted earnings per share increased to $0.98, from $0.49 in same period last year.
- Year-to-Date Financial Highlights - In first six months of 2015, the Company generated revenue of $110.4 million, an increase of 93% from $57.4 million in first six months of 2014. Net income for the period was recorded at $19.0 million, higher than $9.2 million in previous year period. Diluted earnings per share amounted to $1.52, compared to $0.76 in same period last year. In addition, operating income of the Company grew by 107% YoY to $19.2 million in first six months of 2015.
- Dividend and Share Repurchases - Along with the results, Board of Directors of the Company declared a cash dividend of $0.04 per share outstanding common stock payable in cash on August 28, 2015 to stockholders of record on August 18, 2015. Furthermore, the Board of Directors approved a stock repurchase plan of up to $15 million of Company's outstanding shares of common stock with the Company's on-going earnings or cash on hand through December 2016, including $5 million repurchases intended to be immediately executed. Since November 2014, the Company has repurchased 638,176 shares of common stock at a cost of $10.6 million.
- Management Commentary - Discussing the business developments in the quarter, Chris Sharng, President of Natural Health Trends Corp. said, "During the quarter we launched several new products to extend our product line and kicked off additional incentive programs for top performers. The combination of consumer demand supported by our market-leading products and effective sales, leadership and incentive programs are proving to be very successful strategies for expanding our base of consumers and distributors while fortifying an already firm foundation for future growth."
To find out how this influences our rating on Natural Health Trends Corp., read the full report in its entirety here: http://www.aciassociation.com/?c=NHTC
About ACI Association:
Active Charter Investors Association ("ACI Association") produces regular sponsored and non-sponsored reports, articles, stock market blogs, and popular investment newsletters covering equities listed on NYSE and NASDAQ and micro-cap stocks. ACI Association has two distinct and independent departments. One department produces non-sponsored analyst certified content generally in the form of press releases, articles and reports covering equities listed on NYSE and NASDAQ and the other produces sponsored content (in most cases not reviewed by a registered analyst), which typically consists of compensated investment newsletters, articles and reports covering listed stocks and micro-caps. Such sponsored content is outside the scope of procedures detailed below.
ACI Association has not been compensated; directly or indirectly; for producing or publishing this document.
PRESS RELEASE PROCEDURES:
The non-sponsored content contained herein has been prepared by a writer (the "Author") and is fact checked and reviewed by a third party research service company (the "Reviewer"). Rohit Tuli, a CFA® charter holder (the "CFA®"), provides necessary guidance in preparing the document templates. The Reviewer has reviewed and revised the content, as necessary, based on sound investment judgment and publicly available information which is believed to be reliable. The Reviewer and the CFA® have not performed any independent investigations or forensic audits to validate the information herein. Unless otherwise noted, any content outside of this document has no association with the Author, the Reviewer, or the CFA® (collectively referred to as the "Production Team") in any way. The Production Team is compensated on a fixed monthly basis and do not hold any positions of interest in any of the securities mentioned herein.
ACI Association, the Author, the Reviewer and the CFA® (collectively referred to as the "Publishers") are not responsible for any error which may be occasioned at the time of printing of this document or any error, mistake or shortcoming. No liability is accepted by the Publishers whatsoever for any direct, indirect or consequential loss arising from the use of this document. The Publishers expressly disclaim any fiduciary responsibility or liability for any consequences, financial or otherwise arising from any reliance placed on the information in this document. Additionally, the Publishers do not (1) guarantee the accuracy, timeliness, completeness or correct sequencing of the information, or (2) warrant any results from use of the information. The included information is subject to change without notice.
NOT AN OFFERING
This document is not intended as an offering, recommendation, or a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell the securities mentioned or discussed, and is to be used for informational purposes only. Please read all associated disclosures and disclaimers in full before investing. Neither ACI Association nor any party affiliated with us is a registered investment adviser or broker-dealer with any agency or in any jurisdiction whatsoever. To download our report(s), read our disclosures, or for more information, visit http://www.aciassociation.com/.
ACI Association is not available to residents of Belarus, Cuba, Canada, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria or Somalia. Do not send email to robottrap (at) aciassociation.com.
CFA® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are registered trademarks owned by CFA Institute.