LONDON, Dec. 19, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- "The tactical communications market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 16.52%" The tactical communications market is estimated to be valued at USD 8.62 billion in 2016 and is projected to reach USD 18.53 billion by 2021, at a CAGR of 16.52% between 2016 and 2021. The demand for more advanced tactical equipment has increased as older equipment require a large number of vehicles to transport, which limits their deployment flexibility. Furthermore, the bandwidth within which this equipment operates is unable to adequately meet the demand for modern network enabled applications. This is expected to drive the tactical communications market.
"Combat segment is projected to grow at the highest CAGR in the tactical communications market"
The combat segment of the tactical communications market, by application, is anticipated to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. This is due to the increasing usage of tactical communication systems by troops in the battlefield for extensive exchange of digital data garnered from sensors, weapons, computers, and command centers. The use of such systems in the battlefield has also increased as they have become more agile and are easier to set up compared to the legacy equipment, which restricted mobility.
Command & control is expected to be the second-fastest growing segment in the tactical communications market, by application.
"North America to account for a dominant share, whereas Asia-Pacific the fastest-growing regional market for tactical communications"
North America dominates the tactical communications market. The market in the region is mainly driven by the U.S. which has been focusing toward developing faster, stealthier, and more ruggedized communications systems for use in various terrains. The Asia-Pacific (APAC) region is expected to exhibit the highest growth rate in the tactical communication market during the forecast period of 2016 to 2021. This growth in tactical communications market in the APAC region can be attributed to the increase in the procurement of tactical communication systems by emerging economies and focus on strengthening their communications infrastructure in the defense sector.
Break-up of profile of primary participants for this report:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 – 35%, Tier 2 – 45% and Tier 3 – 20%
- By Designation: C level – 35%, Director level – 25%, Others – 40%
- By Region: North America - 45%, Europe – 20%, Asia-Pacific – 30%, RoW – 5%
Key players profiled in the tactical communications market report include Northrop Grumman Corporation (U.S.), Raytheon Company (U.S.), General Dynamics Corporation (U.S.), Thales Group (France), and Harris Corporation (U.S.), among others.
OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
- To define, describe, and forecast the tactical communications market on the basis of platform, type, technology, application, and region
- To analyze the demand-side indicators and provide a factor analysis of it influencing the tactical communications market
- To understand the market structure by identifying various subsegments of the market
- To provide in-depth market intelligence regarding market dynamics and factors that influence the growth of the tactical communications market (drivers, restraints, opportunities, and industry-specific challenges)
- To forecast the size of various segments of the tactical communications market in North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, the Middle East, and Rest of the World (RoW)
- To analyze technological advancements and new product launches in the market
- To identify financial positions, key products, and key developments of leading companies in the tactical communications market
- To analyze micromarkets with respect to their individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the overall market
- To provide a detailed competitive landscape of the market along with market share analysis
- To provide a comprehensive analysis of business and corporate strategies adopted by the key market players
Target Audience for this Report:
- Military and Defense Organizations
- Government Agencies
- Software Providers
- Defense System Manufacturers
- Subcomponent Manufacturers
- Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs)
- Technology Support Providers
- System Integrators
- Communication Equipment Manufacturers
Scope of the Report
This research report categorizes the tactical communications market into the following segments and subsegments:
- By Platform
- By Type
- Soldier Radio
- VIC (Vehicular Intercommunication Radio)
- High Capacity Data Radio (HCDR)
- Others (such as situational awareness video receiver, rugged networking devices)
- By Technology
- By Application
- Command & Control
- By Region
- North America
- Middle East
- Rest of the World
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/4141081/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/tactical-communications-market-by-platform-type-technology-application---global-forecast-to-2021-300381611.html