HOUSTON, Oct. 29 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NYSE: TXN) today announced a new Internet Protocol (IP) camera reference design that provides low power, high definition (HD) video processing for the video surveillance market. The DM368IPNC-MT5 IP camera reference design with H.264 main profile 1080p at 30 frames per second (fps) offers industry-leading compression in a full HD solution, with the complete camera utilizing only three Watts. Based on a new DaVinci(TM) video processor, the IP camera reference design provides 30 percent more host processing performance over the previous generation. This overall performance boost allows the camera to support 720p at 60 fps for multiple video formats including H.264 and MPEG-4, as well as MJPEG at five Megapixels (MP) at 15 fps. It also supports multi-streaming video processing at various frame rates (www.ti.com/1080p-ipcamrd-prprod).
Additionally, the IP camera reference design includes a complete Linux application software package to help customers differentiate their end camera. This application software package includes an Image Signal Processing (ISP) Tuning Tool 1.0, a hardware-accelerated AES encryption module and support for the Physical Security Interoperability Alliance standard (PSIA, www.psialliance.org) for easier adoption and deployment. When combined, this enables customers to quickly create cost-sensitive products with full HD video, such as IP cameras or IP modules for closed-circuit TV cameras, in greatly reduced development time.
DM368IPNC-MT5 IP camera reference design key features and benefits:
- Flexibility to support a variety of video formats, including:
- H.264 main profile 1080p at 30 fps or 720p at 60 fps
- MPEG-4 up to 720p at 60 fps
- MJPEG at 5 MP at 15 fps
- New DaVinci video processor provides 30 percent more ARM host processing performance over previous generations, offering more headroom for differentiation and video analytics.
- Power-efficient reference design utilizes only three Watts and includes a TI Power over Ethernet (PoE) solution, the TPS23753.
- On-chip, fifth generation of TI's ISP solution eliminates the need for an external ISP or the purchase of expensive optics to achieve high-quality images. Also, customers do not have to create their own custom algorithms, which are time and resource intensive.
- Software implementations on the ISP provide video stabilization, face detection, noise filtering, auto white balance, auto focus, auto exposure and edge enhancement, as well as other video processing features for quality enhancements and image improvements.
- The reference design includes a full complement of analog ICs, ranging from power management to interface devices from TI, providing a complete system solution to reduce development time.
- Developed with and available from Appro Photoelectron Inc.
Reference design includes complete Linux application software:
With the purchase of the IP camera reference design, customers will have access to a complete, royalty-free Linux application software package that includes:
- ISP Tuning Tool 1.0, which can be utilized to tune the existing sensor that is included with the reference design or with customers' own developed sensor board.
- PSIA 1.0 support that guarantees connectivity with PSIA-compliant systems, thereby providing easier implementation and plug-n-play connectivity.
- AES encryption offers greater protection and privacy for video streams, enhancing the security of the users' end system. Customers also benefit from a more efficient system as the encryption occurs on a separate hardware accelerator.
- Global dynamic range enhancement (GDRE) allows users to bring out details in the shadows of the video without washing out the highlights, a critical feature for video surveillance. The GDRE also compensates for the reduced dynamic range often found in lower cost CMOS sensors, allowing customers to develop a more cost-effective system.
- Linux source code for customer-specific customization and differentiation.
Pricing and availability:
Order entry is currently open for the DM368IPNC-MT5 IP camera reference design, which is available for USD $995 from Appro Photoelectron Inc. at www.ti.com/1080p-ipcamrd-prprod.
See a demonstration of the DM368IPNC-MT5 IP camera reference design at the Global Sourcing Conference on Public Safety and Security (CPSE, http://www.cpse.com.cn/en/), November 1 - 4. The conference is at the Shenzhen Convention and Exhibition Center (Fuhua 3rd Road, Futian Central District, Shenzhen, China), and the TI booth can be found in Hall 1, Overseas Area A, B218 - B223.
Find out more about the DM368IPNC-MT5 IP camera reference design and TI's video capabilities:
- IP camera reference design, DM368IPNC-MT5: www.ti.com/1080p-ipcamrd-prprod
- TI E2E Community and support: www.ti.com/1080p-ipcamrd-prsupport
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) helps customers solve problems and develop new electronics that make the world smarter, healthier, safer, greener and more fun. A global semiconductor company, TI innovates through design, sales and manufacturing operations in more than 30 countries. For more information, go to www.ti.com.
DaVinci is a trademark of Texas Instruments. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated