NEW YORK, Nov. 30, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
The Global Market for Nanocellulose, fully updated and revised to November 2016, including an additional 40 pages of contents from the previous edition features:
- Technology description, types of nanocellulose and production methods
- Market structure, supply chain, patenting and publications
- Production volumes, total, forecasted and by producer
- Markets for nanocellulose, including composites, electronics, construction, paper and pulp, filtration, medicine and life sciences, paints, films, coatings, rheological modifiers, aerogels and oil and gas exploration.
- Opportunity assessment by market.
- Commercialization timelines, by market
- Producer, research centre and application developer profiles
- Assessment of economic prospects of the market for nanocellulose based on Future Markets assessment tools and company inputs.
Nanocellulose can be produced from a variety of materials (vegetable matter, bamboo etc.) and after applying various pre-treatments, tailor-made nanofibrils with specific morphology and surface chemistry are produced. As well as being completely renewable, safer to handle, and cheaper to produce, nanocellulose materials also possess exceptional physical and chemical properties.
Today there is a substantial amount of research on nanocellulose and commercial development is on-going, including the construction of multi-ton capacity manufacturing facilities, mainly in North American, Japan and Europe. The market for nanocellulose continues to grow with new products on the market in 2015 and new production facilities coming on stream in 2016.
Nanocellulose is a prime candidate for use as a sustainable material in industries such as packaging that typically involves the high-energy intensity production of chemicals and synthetic polymers.
With appropriate conversion and extraction technologies, as well as modification and characterization, nanocellulose can be integrated into bio-based products such as strength enhancers in paper, polymer composite additives, emulsions and oxygen barrier films for plastics packaging. It will also add new impetus to the traditional paper and board industry and play a role in the future development of printable and flexible electronics.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p04389492-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-global-market-for-nanocellulose-opportunity-markets-applications-technologies-and-companies-300370970.html