DUBLIN, July 24, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/hdfhcx/the_market_for) has announced the addition of the "The Market for Prenatal, Newborn and Carrier Genetic Testing" report to their offering.
The Market for Prenatal, Newborn and Carrier Genetic Testing discusses the technologies and tests used in chromosomal analysis and in the diagnosis of inherited disorders and the detection of carriers of inherited diseases.
The growing number of genetic tests has been made possible by advances in technology, including advances in chromosomal analysis - from traditional karyotyping to fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH), and then to chromosomal microarrays and next generation sequencing. Detection of single gene mutations has been made possible with FISH and polymerase chain reaction (PCR) technology, and is moving into even new possibilities with sequencing based tests that can evaluate large numbers of genes simultaneously. The recent introduction of noninvasive prenatal testing (NIPT) has made it possible to perform prenatal screening of fetuses without the need for invasive procedures.
The growing global genetic testing laboratory services market is discussed, including:
- Carrier testing
- Prenatal testing
- Newborn screening
- Neonatal/pediatric testing
- Testing for adult onset genetic disorders
The technologies used for newborn screening discussed in the report include:
- Fluorescence in situ Hybridization
- Chromosomal Microarrays
- Polymerase Chain Reaction and Other Nucleic Acid Amplification Technologies
- DNA Sequencing
- Mass Spectrometry
- Conventional versus Non-Invasive Prenatal Testing
Inherited disease testing was already a large market, but the potential for rapid growth has attracted companies and investors. The report highlights recent activities in this rapidly evolving market. Leading competitors and product developers are listed in the manufacturer profiles.
The profiled companies include: Partial List
- 23andMe, Inc.
- AB SCIEX (A Danaher Corporation Company)
- Abbott Laboratories
- Affymetrix, Inc.
- Agena Bioscience Inc.
- Agilent Technologies Inc.
- Ambry Genetics Corp.
- ARUP Laboratories
- Astra Biotech GmbH
- Asuragen, Inc.
- Athena Diagnostics, Inc. (A Quest Diagnostics Business)
- AutoGenomics, Inc.
- Berry Genomics Co., Ltd.
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Bio-Reference Laboratories, Inc. (BRLI)
- Centogene AG
- Chromsystems Instruments & Chemicals GmbH
- Claritas Genomics, Inc.
- Color Genomics, Inc.
- CombiMatrix Corporation
- Counsyl, Inc.
- Courtagen Life Sciences, Inc.
- Gene by Gene, Ltd.
- Genection, Inc. (An Invivoscribe Company)
- GenePeeks, Inc.
- Genesis Genetics
- Genetadi Biotech S.L.
- Genetic Technologies Limited / Phenogen Sciences, Inc. (U.S. Division)
- GenMark Diagnostics, Inc.
- Genoma Group
- Genomed AG
- GenPath / GenPath Women's Health
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/hdfhcx/the_market_for
Laura Wood, +353-1-481-1716, [email protected]
SOURCE Research and Markets