NEW YORK, Nov. 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- A pre-filled syringe is a medical syringe that comes pre-filled with a specific dosage of medication. Representing one of the fastest growing segments of the injectable drug delivery ecosystem, pre-filled syringes offer significant benefits over the traditional 'vial and syringe' format, by increasing dosing accuracy, safety and convenience.
In addition, pre-filled syringes also offer a variety of economic benefits to pharmaceutical companies including a reduction in drug overfill and waste, which increases the saleable yield of the API (Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient).
SNS Research estimates that the market for pre-filled syringes will account for over $3.2 Billion in revenue by the end of 2015. Despite challenges relating to drug stability, manufacturing and competition from other drug delivery technologies, the market is poised for significant growth in the coming years. Expected to grow at a CAGR of 13% between 2015 and 2020, the market will account for nearly $6 Billion in revenue by the end of 2020.
The "Pre-Filled Syringes Market: 2015 – 2030 – Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies & Forecasts" report presents an in-depth assessment of the pre-filled syringes ecosystem including technology, market drivers, challenges, investment potential, leading therapies, use cases, opportunities, future roadmap, value chain, ecosystem player profiles and strategies. The report also presents market size forecasts for pre-filled syringe unit sales from 2015 through to 2030. The forecasts are further segmented for 4 horizontal submarkets, 10 drug classes, 5 regions and 13 leading countries.
The report comes with an associated Excel datasheet suite covering quantitative data from all numeric forecasts presented in the report.
The report has the following key findings:
- SNS Research estimates that the market for pre-filled syringes will account for over $3.2 Billion in revenue by the end of 2015. Expected to grow at a CAGR of 13% between 2015 and 2020, the market will account for nearly $6 Billion in revenue by the end of 2020
- Many pre-filled syringe manufacturers now also offer integrated automatic needle shielding or retractable needle options
- While glass continues to remain the gold standard for pre-filled syringes, the proportion of plastic based pre-filled syringes is expected to increase by 5% between 2015 and 2020, due to concerns of glass breakage and plunger failure
- A number of pre-filled syringe manufacturers have developed dual and multi chambered syringes, to cater for drugs that must be reconstituted at the point of delivery
- Pre-filled pen systems and auto-injectors will grow at a CAGR of more than 20% over the next five years
The report covers the following topics:
- Pre-filled syringes ecosystem
- Market drivers and barriers
- Technology, safety mechanisms and key trends
- Pen systems and auto-injectors
- Industry roadmap and value chain
- Analysis of leading drug classes and pre-filled syringe therapies
- Profiles and strategies of 55 leading ecosystem players, including manufacturers and pharmaceutical giants
- Strategic recommendations for ecosystem players
- Market analysis and forecasts from 2015 till 2030
Historical Revenue & Forecast Segmentation:
Market forecasts are provided for each of the following submarkets and their subcategories:
- Pen Systems & Auto-Injectors
- MAbs (Monoclonal Antibodies)
- G-CSF Agents
- Anticoagulants & Recombinant Coagulation Factors
- Biosimilars & Follow-on Protein Products
- Growth Hormones
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- North America
- Latin & Central America
Key Questions Answered:
The report provides answers to the following key questions:
- How big is the pre-filled syringes opportunity?
- What factors are influencing its growth?
- How is the ecosystem evolving by segment and region?
- What will the market size be in 2020 and at what rate will it grow?
- What trends, challenges and barriers are influencing its growth?
- Who are the key market players and what are their strategies?
- Which countries and submarkets will see the highest percentage of growth?
- How will patent expiries of biologics impact the pre-filled syringes market?
- What are the future prospects of multi chamber pre-filled syringes?
- How does regulation impact pre-filled syringes?
- What strategies should pre-filled syringe manufacturers adopt to remain competitive?
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p02454778-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution that finds, filters and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001