NEW YORK, June 1, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Newtek Business Services, NASDAQ: NEWT, The Small Business Authority, announced today the next live radio broadcast from "The Small Business Authority Studio" at 77WABC Radio in New York. National listeners can also tune in at www.wabcradio.com and click listen live. The program, The Small Business Authority Hour, will be hosted by Barry Sloane, CEO, President and Chairman of Newtek Business Services and will be broadcast on Saturday, June 4, 2011 at 4:00 p.m. EDT.
President and CEO Barry Sloane said, "This week The Small Business Authority Hour will be 100 percent focused on cloud computing which we view as the most important trend for business owners in the course of the next five years. Cloud computing is designed to reduce small business expenditures on IT hardware, software and the in-house and outsourced services to maintain technology operations and infrastructure. Cloud computing is a commonly misunderstood term that we aim to clarify for small and independent business owners, so that they can obtain the cost reduction, enhanced security and operational efficiencies for their businesses immediately."
Mr. Sloane continued "The Small Business Authority has an authoritative presence in the small business solutions space, www.thesba.com/cloud, where business owners and technology professionals can use our cloud services on a unique, pay as you go basis. The show will focus on primary concepts and unlocking the mystery of what cloud computing is and how it can help business owners and IT professionals."
The show will be hosted by Barry Sloane, President and CEO of Newtek Business Services, Inc. and co-hosted by Laura Smith from 77WABC. The Small Business Authority Hour is broadcast from the Small Business Authority Studios atop Madison Square Garden the first Saturday of every month at 4:00 p.m. EDT. We will take live questions from independent business owners beginning at 4:15 p.m. until the show ends at 5:00 p.m. EDT.
Newtek Business Services, The Small Business Authority, provides the following products and services:
- Electronic Payment Processing: eCommerce, electronic solutions to accept non-cash payments, including credit and debit cards, check conversion, remote deposit capture, ACH processing, and electronic gift and loyalty card programs.
- Managed Technology Solutions (Cloud Computing): Full-service web host which offers eCommerce solutions, shared and dedicated web hosting and related services including domain registration and online shopping cart tools.
- eCommerce: A suite of services that enable small businesses to get up and running on-line quickly and cost effectively, with integrated web design, payment processing and shopping cart services.
- Business Lending: Broad array of lending products including SBA 7(a) and SBA 504 loans.
- Insurance Services: Commercial and personal lines of insurance, including health and employee benefits in all 50 states, working with over 40 insurance carriers.
- Web Services: Customized web design and development services.
- Data Backup, Storage and Retrieval: Fast, secure, off-site data backup, storage and retrieval designed to meet the specific regulatory and compliance needs of any business.
- Accounts Receivable Financing: Receivable purchasing and financing services.
- Payroll: Complete payroll management and processing services.
Newtek Business Services, Inc., The Small Business Authority, is a direct distributor of a wide range of business services and financial products to the small- and medium-sized business market under the Newtek™ brand. Since 1999, Newtek has helped small- and medium-sized business owners realize their potential by providing them with the essential tools needed to manage and grow their businesses and to compete effectively in today's marketplace. Newtek provides its services to over 100,000 business accounts and has positioned the Newtek™ brand as a one-stop-shop provider of such business services. According to the U.S. Small Business Administration, there are over 27.5 million small businesses in the United States, which in total represent 99.7% of all employer firms.
Note Regarding Forward Looking Statements
Statements in this press release including statements regarding Newtek's beliefs, expectations, intentions or strategies for the future, may be "forward-looking statements" under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. All forward-looking statements involve a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from the plans, intentions and expectations reflected in or suggested by the forward-looking statements. Such risks and uncertainties include, among others, intensified competition, operating problems and their impact on revenues and profit margins, anticipated future business strategies and financial performance, anticipated future number of customers, business prospects, legislative developments and similar matters. Risk factors, cautionary statements and other conditions, which could cause Newtek's actual results to differ from management's current expectations, are contained in Newtek's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and available through http://www.sec.gov.
Rubenstein Public Relations
Telephone: (212) 843-9335
Contact: Liz Petrova / firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Newtek Business Services, Inc.