SAO PAULO, Aug. 5, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Ultrapar Participacoes S.A. (BM&FBOVESPA: UGPA3 / NYSE: UGP), a multi-business company engaged in specialized distribution and retail (Ipiranga / Ultragaz / Extrafarma), specialty chemicals (Oxiteno) and storage for liquid bulk (Ultracargo), hereby reports its results for the second quarter of 2015.
Main highlights in 2Q15
- ULTRAPAR'S NET REVENUES TOTAL R$ 19 BILLION IN 2Q15, AN 11% GROWTH OVER 2Q14.
- ULTRAPAR'S EBITDA REACHES R$ 846 MILLION IN 2Q15, A 13% GROWTH OVER 2Q14. EXCLUDING EXPENSES RELATED TO THE FIRE IN SANTOS AND NON-RECURRING GAINS, ULTRAPAR'S EBITDA WOULD HAVE GROWN 19% COMPARED TO 2Q14.
- NET EARNINGS REACH R$ 331 MILLION IN 2Q15, A 10% GROWTH OVER 2Q14.
- DIVIDEND DISTRIBUTION OF R$ 437 MILLION FOR 1H15 APPROVED, A 12% GROWTH COMPARED TO DIVIDENDS FOR 1H14.
- SHARE REPURCHASE PROGRAM TOTALS 935 THOUSAND SHARES IN 2Q15, REACHING 2.8 MILLION SHARES ACQUIRED IN 1H15.
"We are pleased to present one more quarter of positive earnings progression, continuing the trend seen in previous years, even in an environment of economic downturn. This performance is the result of continuous and relevant investments to strengthen and expand our businesses, of our corporate governance designed towards the alignment of interests and of Ultrapar's resilient nature, which allow for a consistent performance through the economic cycles. We also conducted some changes in Ultrapar's executive board, in line with my commitment of contributing to the company's leadership development. For the second semester, we plan to continue investing in Ultrapar's strengthening and growth, creating opportunities for our businesses and partners, providing our customers with more convenience and quality and creating value for the company." Thilo Mannhardt – CEO
Results conference call Brazilian conference call August 7, 2015 10:00 a.m. (US EST) Sao Paulo – SP Telephone for connection: +55 11 2188 0155 Code: Ultrapar
International conference call August 7, 2015 11:30 a.m. (US EST) Participants in Brazil: 0800 891 0015 Participants in the USA: +1 877 317 6776 International participants: +1 412 317 6776 Code: Ultrapar
Ultrapar Participacoes S.A. UGPA3 = R$ 65.70/share (06/30/15) UGP = US$ 21.02/ADR (06/30/15)
SOURCE Ultrapar Participações S.A.